Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra - when was the last firmware update? Do you get notifications of updates or is it automatic?

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
A1Credit
Aspirant
Aspirant

When was the last update? Also do you get notifications of updates or it does it update automatically? Was there any major changes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New firmware for the SmartHub released last night addressing issues some users were experiencing after the previous firmware release. For more information on this firmware, take a look here: Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.12.3.2_134_185068d - 19th August 2019

Thank you,

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

camera or base firmware....

either way it should be an auto update

Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.12.3.1_87_c950b94 - 29th July 2019

Release Details:

Arlo Base Station VMB5000-1.12.3.1_87_c950b94

Highlights:

• Battery Life Improvements
  • Security Fixes
  • Bug Fixes

Arlo Ultra VMC5040 - 1.070.41.1_80_9996bd9 - 15th July 2019

Release Details:

Arlo Ultra VMC5040 -  1.070.41.1_80_9996bd9

Highlights

• Wi-Fi fixes
  • Charging fixes
  • Failed Stream fixes
  • Other bug fixes
--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
The above two firmware updates ruined Arlo Ultra.

Still patiently waiting on an official firmware update to fix the problems with the previous updates.

Apparently Arlo sent out a Beta firmware update for select people to test out, that has so far looked promising. I would like to test myself but have no idea how to obtain the beta firmware.
A1Credit
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will receive my 3 camera system tomorrow. Wanted to get a heads up, how long have you been waiting? I've seen alot of complaints so far. I'm thinking because they haven't been updated.
Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
Since the last firmware update, so about a month.

Ultras were excellent before the update.

So hopefully the fix comes very soon.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New firmware for the SmartHub released last night addressing issues some users were experiencing after the previous firmware release. For more information on this firmware, take a look here: Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.12.3.2_134_185068d - 19th August 2019

Thank you,

JamesC

Redpower187
Apprentice
Apprentice
I can confirm the update to the SmartHub has not fixed the audio problems with the Ultra. Will wait for a firmware update for the actual camera.
MLBinVA
Star
Star

It does appear that the new firmware has "fixed" the problem I was having with the cameras not recording or more pointedly saving video's but now it seems that things I had to do on the computer now have to be done on my phone, why does every fix break something else...

IMO firmware updates should be optional with notifications pushed that they're available, that way we can let some people apply them and report back if there are issues, I don't like being a beta tester with my security system.

notafanaorultra
Aspirant
Aspirant

Return them. I have regretted my purchase and wish I returned them while I still could.  Now I need sell on offer up and go back to Nest Q

notafanaorultra
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did not fix the issues, I still cannot connect to one camera and get it to record and I have another I can connect to but it won't record.  

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi Notafan!

I will totally buy one of your Ultra cameras. Just PM me and I’ll give you me email address!

Thanks!
notafanaorultra
Aspirant
Aspirant

@n1976jmk wrote:
Hi Notafan!

I will totally buy one of your Ultra cameras. Just PM me and I’ll give you me email address!

Thanks!

All or none.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

notafanaorultra,

If you're still experiencing an issue after the firmware update,  please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation