Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
alelas
Guide
Guide

My arlo ultra stop sending motion detection as well. I think the problem started a few weeks ago when I muted notifications for 30 min. It never got restored. I tried everything except for “factory settings” I will try soon if arlo won’t provide a fix soon.

18 REPLIES 18
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey alelas,

Are you referring to push notifications or email notifications? Try testing by using the default "Armed" mode and see if you're receiving notifications.

alelas
Guide
Guide
Hi Jessica,

I am not receiving motion detections at all. Not push nor emails. I not only checked on Armed Mode but already tested in different devices and even performed factory reset. Nothing helped.
There is already a case opened for this at arlo. I hope you people figured out what is going on and find a fix soon.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you make a manual recording and see the live stream?

alelas
Guide
Guide

I can see live stream and the motions detected are getting recorded just fine. I also receive push notifications and emails for low battery and in/out geofence. I tried manual recording and it didn't work but I think it never worked for me. I don't have a subscription to arlo smart. I think I muted notifications for 30 min as well a few weeks ago and it never got restored. I don't receive any push notifications/email for motion/sound detection since then.

Arlo guys have an open request on this issue. They think it is something related to my location (I live in Israel). I don't know what is the meaning of that. I have even performed a factory reset and created a new account with another email. Nothing helped so far.

Have you had any progress with your situation?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is investigating reports regarding not receiving push notifications on Arlo Ultra. We'll be sure to update the community when we hear any new information or update.

notafanaorultra
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see this answer a lot.  Are they also working on a fix for everything that doesn't work?  

@JessicaP wrote:

The development team is investigating reports regarding not receiving push notifications on Arlo Ultra. We'll be sure to update the community when we hear any new information or update.

alelas
Guide
Guide
It’s been too long already.
When will I receive a solution to this bug.
My system is totally useless this way. I supposed to got a fix by now.
alelas
Guide
Guide

Another month goes by and I am still experiencing this problem (Not receiving push notifications on motion detection).

Can please someone at Arlo tell me what's going on?

There is any updates on this?

Every couple of weeks I receive a reply from the open ticket at arlo asking for different things such as resetting uninstall/install, using android...Please! I did everything already and it seems at arlo they are not taking my issue seriously.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

alelas,

What version of the Arlo mobile app are you using? Have you uninstalled the previous legacy version and downloaded the new Arlo app from the app store? See here for more information: Arlo is migrating to a new Arlo app this month

JamesC

alelas
Guide
Guide

James, I know you are trying to help so despite the fact that I already gone through all this I will try to answer all this again.

My issue started long ago (about two months ago) with the previous app version. 

Removing the legacy app and installing the new app did not change anything.

Later on, reinstalling the new app did not help, same as factory reset,  changing locations, using Android mobile, tablets, other phones, removing and adding base and devices...Nothing helped.

I was sure the developers are aware of this situation.

Long story short...I am not able to receive push notifications/emails for motion detection/sound detection.

I do receive push notif./emails for Geofencing and Low battery.

It started apparently after muting notifications for 30 minutes about two months ago.

I feel I did everything from my side. Do you know if there are some Arlo developers working on a solution to this defect?

Have they achieve any progress on this? Are they even aware of this situation?

I will real appreciate your help. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

alelas,

I will reach out to you in a private message with more information.

JamesC

FelipeNovoa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem !!!

Please help me....

FelipeNovoa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, do you resolved the problem?

I have the same problem, I live in Chile...

thx

alelas
Guide
Guide

No. I am still experiencing it.

The issue has been escalated, apparently.

One thing is that they though the problem was related to the Location.

I tried however changing Location back and forth but nothing, so I expect some firmware update coming from Arlo to fix it.

Espero @FelipeNovoa que puedan resolvernos pronto este inconveniente.

Gaz2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am now having this same issue, system is one month old and working fine and this morning stopped sending notifications to any devices, previously was sending notifications to two iPhones and an iPad and working fine. 

restarted base station multiple times and deleted and reinstalled apps on 2 iphones. Motion detection working and videos being recorded but no push notifications.

plesse help 

alelas
Guide
Guide
Yesterday without doing anything it started to receive notifications again after two months of not receiving motion detection notifications.
I don’t know how or why
Ep0408
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
Is the problem fixed?
Is it possible to use the animal detection with your app. In Israel?
Thank you
alelas
Guide
Guide
Push notifications somehow started to work again.
I am not sure about animal detection since that’s a paid feature and I am not paying for a subscription at this point.
Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation