Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Highlighted
Tutor

Ultra stopped sending motion detection. Happened when I muted notifications for 30 mins.

My arlo ultra stop sending motion detection as well. I think the problem started a few weeks ago when I muted notifications for 30 min. It never got restored. I tried everything except for “factory settings” I will try soon if arlo won’t provide a fix soon.

Message 1 of 8
Arlo Moderator

Re: Ultra stopped sending motion detection. Happened when I muted notifications for 30 mins.

Hey alelas,

Are you referring to push notifications or email notifications? Try testing by using the default "Armed" mode and see if you're receiving notifications.

Message 2 of 8
Tutor

Re: Ultra stopped sending motion detection. Happened when I muted notifications for 30 mins.

Hi Jessica,

I am not receiving motion detections at all. Not push nor emails. I not only checked on Armed Mode but already tested in different devices and even performed factory reset. Nothing helped.
There is already a case opened for this at arlo. I hope you people figured out what is going on and find a fix soon.
Message 3 of 8
Guru

Can you make a manual recording and see the live stream?

Message 4 of 8
Tutor

I can see live stream and the motions detected are getting recorded just fine. I also receive push notifications and emails for low battery and in/out geofence. I tried manual recording and it didn't work but I think it never worked for me. I don't have a subscription to arlo smart. I think I muted notifications for 30 min as well a few weeks ago and it never got restored. I don't receive any push notifications/email for motion/sound detection since then.

Arlo guys have an open request on this issue. They think it is something related to my location (I live in Israel). I don't know what is the meaning of that. I have even performed a factory reset and created a new account with another email. Nothing helped so far.

Have you had any progress with your situation?

Model: VMS5340 | Arlo Ultra 3 Camera Kit
Message 5 of 8
Arlo Moderator

The development team is investigating reports regarding not receiving push notifications on Arlo Ultra. We'll be sure to update the community when we hear any new information or update.

Message 6 of 8

I see this answer a lot.  Are they also working on a fix for everything that doesn't work?  

@JessicaP wrote:

The development team is investigating reports regarding not receiving push notifications on Arlo Ultra. We'll be sure to update the community when we hear any new information or update.

Message 7 of 8
Tutor

It’s been too long already.
When will I receive a solution to this bug.
My system is totally useless this way. I supposed to got a fix by now.
Message 8 of 8