Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra camera records video when audio noise detected with microphone turned off

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BTG
Tutor
Tutor

Has anyone else experienced this: my Arlo Ultra camera records video (14-120 secs) when audio noise is detected (under Library, thumbnails show Audio - and not Vehicle or Person) with the  microphone turned off? How is that even possible? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BTG
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, you have to turn off the audio in the 'Rules' for the camera/s and not on the camera itself.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

Do you have Audio on or off in your rules for the camera?

BTG
Tutor
Tutor

Had it 'ON" but the AUDIO DETECTION SENSITIVITY set to 2. Setting to 1 now to see what happens. I thought turning off audio under camera Settings would override?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As you found, settings in the camera settings aren't used for the rules. Editing your modes are the way to treat this properly.

ben_dub
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey BTG - did you get this issue sorted, grateful to know how?? I've had the same problem for months. On windy days each of my 4 cameras batteries die in less than 24hrs -- incredibly frustrating -- have tried all sort of setting combos as well as complete reset. All malware is up to date. The system is terrible for the price. 

BTG
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, you have to turn off the audio in the 'Rules' for the camera/s and not on the camera itself.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation