Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
KGSRETIRED
Apprentice
Apprentice
14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KGSRETIRED,

Can you provide more details about what you are experiencing?

Are you referring to the CVR timeline or a specific video clip from the library?

Do you see an error message that is preventing you from viewing?

JamesC

KGSRETIRED
Apprentice
Apprentice
Cvr timeline, I drag back to the time I want and it doesn't start playing like it should. It just sits there.
Bluestreak20
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine hasn't worked in a long time. I cancelled the service then decided to try again. It worked great for a few days. The last two weeks has been the same as what you've experienced. The recordings are there. Just unable to play in the iOS app. I can see them on the web interface. I've attached a screenshot of what the iOS app is doing.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS mobile is now available: Arlo iOS App - 2.13 - 3rd March 2020

Do you experience the same behavior after downloading the latest version?

JamesC

KGSRETIRED
Apprentice
Apprentice
Uninstalled and reinstalled app. Still says version 2.12
KGSRETIRED
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ok , have the updated app. Timeline seems to work only for the same day but it doesn't work if you go back.
KGSRETIRED
Apprentice
Apprentice
Timeline even when working for the same day doesn't show the color on the bar for when motion was detected. I thought there was at least 7 days storage on this cvr.
KGSRETIRED
Apprentice
Apprentice
I think you should not charge for cvr subscription until you can get it to work. Not very impressed.
El_Lobo_Malo
Tutor
Tutor
I can only view CVR live, if I drag to a previous time it skips right to live. I'm using a Samsung Note 10.
KGSRETIRED
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yeah I never could get a fix for this. No answers you just keep paying for a subscription that doesn't work!
Beckyd
Initiate
Initiate

I am trying to isolate security footage for the police. The timeline will not play. Tell me how I am meant to use this system AS a security system if accessing the timeline is impossible? This has been happening regularly. There seems to be issues accessing the cloud. This is at your end. The device is not faulty. 

Why am I paying for this function if it does not work? Why am I trusting that this system will keep me safe when it does not work?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Beckyd,

If you're still experiencing this issue with the latest version of the Arlo Mobile app installed, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

MelissaJane
Aspirant
Aspirant

The playback continuously won't play.  It shows a recording but you can't get it to play. it just shows like it is loading but never does.  It doesn't matter if I use Chrome, Explorer, or and Android app. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation