Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Greetings, after one of the recent Android Updates, that the pause button goes away after doing any zooming during library playback. Once you zoom during Android library playback, you must close or use the scroll bar or close the video - you can no longer pause. This problem didn't exist until about a month ago. I'm not sure which update broke the pause during playback. Also, this problem does not exist when using iPhone. Anyone know when this might get fixed?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be resolved on the latest Arlo Android app version, which is version 2.19. You can read more about it here: Arlo Android App - 2.19 - 14th August 2020

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi HazzMatt,

Thanks for raising this up. I was also able to replicate this issue and reported this to the development team for them to further investigate. When we hear any new information/update, we'll let the community know.

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks very much for your acknowledgment and for checking the boards for issues. I will standby for resolution.
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just received an email from Arlo asking if this issue has been resolved. It hasn't; still waiting for a corrected revision to the Android Mobile App. Thank you
Raptor712
Initiate
Initiate
I'm having the same problem very aggravating. Please fix.
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
JessicaP, an update to the Arlo Android App published yesterday, Aug 4, but I've loaded and tested it and the loss of pause during library playback is still not fixed. Since this latest version just came out, should I not expect another update to come out for some time?
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello JessicaP, can you please provide an update to resolution of the library pause issue? Thank you
ZooMatt
Tutor
Tutor

I noticed the exact same problem on my iPhone,  as well as playing clips on the Arlo website on my laptop (MacOS). This is a deal breaker for me and my brand new Arlo Pro 3's. Absolutely critical to be able to zoom in on a static frame to get a positive ID on a person. Very likely to return if not fixed within the week.

ZooMatt
Tutor
Tutor

JessicaP, can you please tell me if the Arlo Ultra has the same problem with playback. I most likely will have to return my Arlo Pro 3's, but the Ultra might work for my needs if playback for that camera allows for zooming on static frames.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our team was able to identify this issue and is working on a fix. We'll provide an update when this fix is rolled out for this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience about this.

ZooMatt
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the prompt reply JessicaP. Any idea on how long it might take for the fix? Not to be pushy, but I have a narrow window for return at BestBuy (15days) and I still need to test the efficacy of the zoom capabilities, even after the fix. 

I'm presently on hold with Arlo support (it's been about an hour) trying to determine if the Arlo Ultra has the same problem. Any chance you can answer that question, and/or put me in touch with a tech support person? Is the playback platform for the Ultra the same as the Pro 3's, aside from the obvious difference in resolution.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This is affecting for other Arlo cameras as well on the Arlo app on Android. We haven't heard from the development team of when this fix will be coming but it should be coming soon. We'll be sure to provide any updates when we hear any new information.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be resolved on the latest Arlo Android app version, which is version 2.19. You can read more about it here: Arlo Android App - 2.19 - 14th August 2020

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

ZooMatt
Tutor
Tutor

What are the prospects for resolution of the problem with iOS and/or desktop use?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should also be fixed on the latest Arlo iOS app version, which is also version 2.19. You can read more about it here: Arlo iOS App - 2.19- 17th August 2020

For the web client on your computer, the development team is still looking into this. Follow this thread to keep an eye on the web client: Unable to zoom when paused on web (via PC)

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes, the latest Android app release does indeed appear to have resolved the issue that I was having. Thanks for letting me know of the latest release! Take care
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation