Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
KristopherSteel
Tutor
Tutor

The app sucks.  For the past several months geo-fencing has been on and off, on and off.  Doesn't work, then does work. Ever since the sell off/take over or whatever it was, it's been crap!

How on earth do you expect people to pay all this money for these cameras and you give us a crappy app that doesn't work 99% of the time? More like 50% of the time.  Then your support team has no clue their are issues, they let you remove hardware, set it back up.  Then they go "Oh, there's a known notifications issue".  Blah blah blah.

Please, fix your crappy app or stop charging a premium for your devices if you're going to keep the crappy app.  

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our team is aware that some users are experiencing issues with the geofencing capability on iOS.  Arlo is working with our technology partner to resolve this issue expeditiously and we expect to deliver a resolution shortly.  We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team is working to improve the experience.

JamesC

KristopherSteel
Tutor
Tutor
@JamesC

I don’t think you understand what expeditiously means. This problem has been going on for months. On and off. Even before that, it was a constant issue. So does shortly mean a few days, weeks, months?

Why not send a notice to users so they don’t think something is broken on their end? Why keep it hidden and only address it when someone complains? Oh, because it would look bad to actually own up to an issue.

Never again will I purchase an Arlo product. Never! Especially with the exorbitant pricing you all ask for your cameras that don’t work WITHOUT a correctly functioning app!
Hgracing
Aspirant
Aspirant

I Have 7 Arlo  cameras … only 3 record  .........recording stopped working on the my older arlos long ago ( never resolved ) .  The pro 3's are working …3 of them ,....got  3 new ultras today … they wont record ?   SPENT  1000$ PLUS TODAY , 3 ULTRAS , 1 CHARGER , 2 BATTERYS ………. ITS ALL GOING BACK TO BEST BUY.

Hgracing
Aspirant
Aspirant

If its a subscription thing , I cant even get past that . it hangs up .  cant even purchase it … no one to call

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hgracing,

If you would like to contact support to further investigate this issue, take a look here: Arlo Support Team 

You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

KristopherSteel
Tutor
Tutor
Support is just as bad as the app. They have no clue what the issue is 95% of the time. Remember that time when geo fencing wasn’t working? They had me remove all my cameras and add them back in. Huge waste of time because at the end, “support” said oh yeah, there’s a known issue. Should be resolved soon.

They have no clue.
Eddienuevo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Your team seems to have been working on this forever with no results. All your support staff says is everything is working fine which is not the case with such a expansive security system. Save your money stay away from Arlo. The app is always down. Yesterday I had people in and out of the house all day with nothing detected. Buy a 30 dollar system my friends have them and they work perfectly. Worst customer service I’ve experienced. They avoid the real problem and give you repetitive solutions just to shut you up. The solutions never work by the way. They are just trained to give you 4 different steps to do. Let me give them to you to stop wasting everyone’s times. Take the batteries out and put them back in. Switch camera locations. Restart your hub. Restart your router. By the way none of them work and they will keep telling you the opposite. Don’t let them steal your hard earned money.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Eddienuevo,

When you say "the app is always down", what are you experiencing? Are you unable to log in? Are you seeing any error messages?

JamesC

Eddienuevo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Two cameras always tend to go offline. I can push live on the cameras that are not off-line but as an example right now I have people renovating my condo going in and out of the condo and for two days there is zero motion detected on my front door. I have done everything imaginable and am tech savvy. It’s nothing other than your app
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Eddienuevo,

If cameras are offline, they cannot record. If you have cameras that consistently drop offline, it's likely due to an environmental issue (poor connectivity due to interference or signal strength). You may need to try relocating your SmartHub or move the cameras closer to the SmartHubs location to improve signal strength.

If you have cameras that are online, but not recording, check your active mode to make sure you have the desired rules active to allow the cameras to record when detecting motion. Cameras only record activity when a mode is active that contains rules for that camera.

JamesC

klebel
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is still a problem and the app still sucks at Geofencing.  It works about one out of ten times.  1:10.   Thats pretty pathetic.  My garage door opener app from Nexx works 98% of the time.  Whatever method they are using to trigger a geofence event, Arlo needs to adopt it.  

Alstarrjr
Tutor
Tutor

Since I bought this system, I get nothing but "base station offline" every month to every week, and their tech support is beyond ridiculous, so obvious that they are reading off a script,  and make it sound like its the it us customer who is at fault , when there are hundreds of complaints for the same problem. Arlo is a faulty product and they know it. I will never buy another Arlo product.

Eddienuevo
Aspirant
Aspirant
You nailed it. They read of a script give you the same bull**bleep** and don’t help. They try to make you feel like you’re the reason their product sucks
Alstarrjr
Tutor
Tutor

And it just did it again ! Base station offline, its like they did on purpose because I gave a bad feedback.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation