Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra- Lag, Latency Between Notification and Video in Library

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ba1070
Star
Star

I purchased an Arlo Ultra 4 camera kit. I am experiencing a 30 second to 2 minute (or so) lag between my notification of activity to the time I see the video in my library. This is unacceptable as this risks the security of my home which is the main reason I have purchased the system.

To be clear... I receive notification on my phone, I go to my library and there is no video. I need to exit the library and try again and sometimes again and again. After 30 seconds to a couple of minutes, the video will be in my library.

Is this normal (I hope not)? Does Arlo have a fix in the work?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ba1070,

When motion is detected by your Arlo camera, you receive a push notification letting you know motion is detected, this will occur very quickly, at the initial detection of the motion that caused the trigger. If your camera is Armed, it will then start recording. The video will not arrive in the library until the recording is finished, so the time it takes to arrive is based on the length of the video. The longer it takes for the recording to finish, the more time it will take for the video to arrive in the library.

JamesC

Emily1930
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I've recently purchased the Arlo Ultra 4, wi-fi version and find that it has several shortcomings. Most distressing is the amount of lag time before it starts recording, so that someone has already walked up my driveway and across my deck and is standing at my front door before I receive a notification. Moreover, the person's progress up the the driveway begins recording only shortly before arriving at the door. 

The same occurs when an animal walks across my deck, so I never see its arrival, but only when it has progressed mid-point. 

Are their settings I need to implement, change?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emily1930,

Camera position and understanding the maximum range at which the camera can detect motion plays an important role in when motion will trigger recordings. Take a look here for more information on camera positioning: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

Adjusting sensitivity can also impact motion detection, for more information on this, take a look here: How does the motion detection feature work on my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

ba1070
Star
Star
Hi,

Even for 10-12 second recordings it takes 30 seconds to minutes. I did not have this issue with my 3 previous versions of Arlo. I had the original Arlo, the Pro and the Pro 2.
Mslads
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes just got mine 06/26/2020 still have this issue and I paid 799 for my system. This is unexplainable.
Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice
I honestly want to barf @ what Arlo has been doing lately! They charge us so much but delivered crappy service! Everything is lagging, no homekit secure video, my home app shows the videos from my cameras but my arlo app wont load the live feed, everything lags on the arlo app, and they wanna charge me after my 1year for this mess instead of giving homekit Secure video options!
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation