Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jscunningham
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have two of  the 4 camera systems at different locations and one of the cameras will not sync to either Smart hub. It worked fine when I first setup the system but then lost connection. I tried resetting it and reconnecting but it will no longer find the base station. I tried the suggestions already mentioned; reset camera, reset base, change wifi channel, etc and no luck. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jscunningham
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks. They were very helpful.  I haven't seen this solution posted previously but it worked for me.

1. Turn off the router or bring the SmartHub to a different room away from the router.
2. Plugin the SmartHub to the power source and wait for the LED to start blinking amber.
3. Remove the casing of the camera.
4. Press the sync button of the SmartHub for not more than 2 seconds. SmartHub LED will stay blinking amber.
5. Press the sync button of the camera for not more than 2 seconds. Camera LED will blink blue slowly then turns to rapid blinking blue.
6. Turn on the router and plugin the SmartHub to the router.
7. Wait for the SmartHub to be online, log into the App and complete the camera onboarding .

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you saying that the camera won't sync when it is close to the smart hub?

When you reset the camera did you hold the sync button down until the LED blinked amber?

If so, you might want to contact support.  It's possible that your camera has failed.

jscunningham
Apprentice
Apprentice

The camera won't sync close to the hub when using the sync button on the hub, the app, or the desktop site using three different browsers.. 

I have done the reset and hear the "click."  It doeas the usual quick flashing blue lights like it connects but continues to search until it fails.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jscunningham wrote:

I have done the reset and hear the "click."  It doeas the usual quick flashing blue lights like it connects but continues to search until it fails.

Did you see the amber flashing light before the blue light came on?

jscunningham
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I suggest contacting support directly (perhaps live chat).

jscunningham
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks. They were very helpful.  I haven't seen this solution posted previously but it worked for me.

1. Turn off the router or bring the SmartHub to a different room away from the router.
2. Plugin the SmartHub to the power source and wait for the LED to start blinking amber.
3. Remove the casing of the camera.
4. Press the sync button of the SmartHub for not more than 2 seconds. SmartHub LED will stay blinking amber.
5. Press the sync button of the camera for not more than 2 seconds. Camera LED will blink blue slowly then turns to rapid blinking blue.
6. Turn on the router and plugin the SmartHub to the router.
7. Wait for the SmartHub to be online, log into the App and complete the camera onboarding .

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation