Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
tigh1969
Star
Star

Hi I have noticed recently that my Arlo Ultra camera was recording audio sometimes over a hundred times a day.

I created an edit rule to prevent audio activation but this has made no difference.

I charged my camera a week ago and it's now at 58% 

Today alone its made over 150 audio activations

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Baptize
Aspirant
Aspirant
I confirm this worked for me. I powered off the base station. Removed all devices from app. Powered back the base station and added them back. Go to settings and disable audio. It will tell you to go to smart notifications to disable audio then go back and disable audio in the base station settings. I haven’t received one audio notification since I’ve done this.
Thank you.
Edit: I inadvertently left my base station off for two days, totally forgot about it. So not sure being off for two days is relevant.

View solution in original post

55 REPLIES 55
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure exactly what you did with that rule but try a new mode with identical rule(s) as a test.

tigh1969
Star
Star

Hi, I removed the rule and reapplied the rule but I am still getting audio recordings despite this.

I've attached a screenshot of the rule I have applied

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And you're sure that it's audio that triggered the recording? In the library, there should be a tag that displays what caused the recording.

tigh1969
Star
Star

Yes, it is an audio triggered recording, I have had over three hundred recordings just today.

And over 280 of them are audio triggers, I've attached a screengrab of my library for today and it's only 15.37! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like a hardware problem. Open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Gibbe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ho I ha e the same problem, is your problem solved now?
karolinka
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem - did  you get a fix? One post said could be firmware needing update but mine says no update available.  Problem started randomly a couple of weeks ago

DadBod
Guide
Guide

Same issue here, get constant audio notifications even though it's not set to detect audio.

I haven't been able to use the systems for weeks, starting to lose track of when this went sideways.

Gibbe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I downloaded the new app and removed the old one. It didnt change anything.  Then I tried removing the power to the central station and putting it back again and voilà now it works without registrating sound. The only problem in the app now is that I cant see everytime in what mode I am in.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I noticed the same problem last night with one of my five cameras.

I do not have "If audio detected" ticked off.

All my recording are set for 60 seconds.

The weird thing is that all the audio recordings are 15 sec long which I never used as a setup.

Anyone else have the 15 sec. recordings?

RyanWithArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is happening to my setup as well.  It seems related to smart notifications.  Once I enabled smart notifications and asked it to listen for smoke alarms it started recording audio.  I turned off the smoke alarm check and it still recorded audio.  I then went into "Armed" and turned off audio there for the rules.  It still records audio.  The preserved videos get flagged as "Audio".  There doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off again.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi Ryan

Now that you mention this, it all started when I installed the new ios Arlo app, which is when I noticed the smart smoke detector feature.   The only camera affected is the front outside camera which is in a noisy environment.  I have the smart smoke detector turned off as well, although I did play with the toggle switch.  So this is most probably a bug in the firmware.

@JamesC , are you following this tread?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Reposting to display properly.

Hi Ryan

Now that you mention this, it all started when I installed the new ios Arlo app, which is when I noticed the smart smoke detector feature.   The only camera affected is the front outside camera which is in a noisy environment.  I have the smart smoke detector turned off as well, although I did play with the toggle switch.  So this is most probably a bug in the firmware.

JamesC, are you following this tread?

Syrathos
Guide
Guide
I have the exact problem, of audio notifications even though none of the applicable options are on.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, try removing the power from your SmartHub, plug back in and test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

Please let me know if you're still getting audio alerts after power cycling.

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi JamesC,

I'm still getting 15 sec audio recordings eventhough I have no audio trigger.

Keep me posted.

Syrathos
Guide
Guide
Tried removing the power cable and putting back in. Still receiving the sound alerts.
JM0257023
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem with mine, I noticed it 2 days ago when in was trying to move the audio settings. I get around 100 sound alerts on 3 cameras.

Johnross35
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi, experiencing the same issue. Received a replacement for a faulty camera and once installed am getting continuous audio recordings on just the new camera. This is continuing despite the audio being turned off.

Please let me know how to rectify. It is killing the battery and Really starting to impact my confidence in the product which is important considering this is a home security system.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for all the feedback provided here. The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update with any new information I receive on this topic.

JamesC

Johnross35
Aspirant
Aspirant
223 recordings last night. Had to disable the camera. This equipment is effective pointless if I have to turn off cameras. Please let me know next steps please. This cannot be acceptable for a security system.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I am seeing this also on one of my ultra cameras.  Rebooting the base didn't help - neither did switching to default "armed" mode.

Michael92086
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on this?  I first noticed this yesterday, and it happens with all of my cameras.  Audio detection is turned off, as is the microphone.  Tried unplugging the base for four hours and plugging back in with no luck.

Hoops
Guide
Guide

I was having this problem with 1 of my 10 cameras (i.e. audio triggered 15 sec recordings when camera is not even set to trigger on audio). I've had the camera disable for 2 or 3 weeks and tried a few times to re-enable during that period only to get a flood of audio alerts. I enabled this camera again today and its been about 6 hours and I haven't received any audio alerts. I know there has been an iOS App update - perhaps this has resolved this problem (although it seems strange to me that this would be an iOS App issue). At any rate I'm happy it seems to be fixed for me.

If you were experiencing this problem you might want to try re-enabling your camera. Hopefully I haven't called it too early.