Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Dear Arlo Customers,

Thank you for your patience. Arlo services are now fully restored. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The disruption in service which affected some of our customers was due to a technical issue that arose during routine system maintenance.

Thank you.

-The Arlo Team

>
>Dear Arlo customer,
>We are aware of an issue where our ARLO customers are temporarily unable to login into their account. ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible.
>We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.
>Stay tuned!
>Best regards,
>The Arlo Team
>arlo.png

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
333 REPLIES 333
Cyn_Z
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please provide when service will be available.

bugsmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

ALSO HAVE THE H8 CAMERA. WONDERING IF THE ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED?

mjb1966
Aspirant
Aspirant

when is an estimated time that service will be resolved?  cameras beings used for watch calving.  I'm 30 miles away at work - I rely on this service to provide me views of cows in labor.  If I loose a calf because of this poor service, I'll be very upset.  hurry up and get it resolved.  Thank you.

Nwgal1980
Initiate
Initiate
Still no updates? How long does it take to get the system up? This has been going on for hours.
CptDirty
Guide
Guide

IT'S WORKING.

for now....

Shmorgs
Guide
Guide
Agree with many of the previous comments. Had Arlo pro 2 for about 5 weeks (5 cams) and generally been quite impressed. But as a senior technologist at a bank I find it astounding that 1) it seemed to take 3-4 hours after I noticed dodgy alerts/problems / inaccessibility for Arlo to report the problem 2) there isn’t a service status RAG on the app/online with alerts etc. Nice. 😳
acnupinva
Aspirant
Aspirant

agreed

Denice
Aspirant
Aspirant
Login to community support. Go into settings and change under personal preferences.
blevins29
Guide
Guide

My service just came back on! 12:20 eastern standard time

YFlores
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please email us as soon as the service is backup and running

lets keep maintenence out of business hours from now on

patru
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have "Base Station Offline" is this related to the database service down? Or do I have another issue? I was connected to the internet yesterday.

grmoses
Aspirant
Aspirant

Temporary? For going on 6 hours?

Rajivy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well things like these shouldnot happen in the first place. Imagine a drunk driver crashing your car says " I dont often drink and drive,its my "first time".

pvan
Guide
Guide

Reply to mrcoop "Will another email be sent when it’s back up?? " I refer you to the Netgear email

1) "We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause." We've apologized so it's not our problem anymore

2) "To stay informed on further updates, please visit the Arlo community." Don't expect us to be responsible for any more customer information. Just check the hundreds of Arlo community messages.

<grin>

teresalt01
Initiate
Initiate

@SteveWhitewrote:

Why not?  Assuming you pay $150 a year for premium, that amounts to about $0.42 per day.  I won't be happy until I'm compensated for that loss!  Seriously, outages happen.  A few hours may suck, but it's not the end of the world.

To those claiming that Netgear is somehow responsible for covering losses during a break in.  If you're so concerned about a break-in, get yourself a real security system that is UL approved. Those are the ONLY systems approved to call emergency services and also receive insurance discounts.   As cool as Arlo is, it really is just a DIY/Hobbiest system.  No burgalar is going to be checking for platform outages, nor will likely be deterred by the presence of an Arlo sticker.  The presence of a camera, working or not, is truly the only deterrent with a system like this. 

Just to give you a different perspective.  This one isn't about money.   But for some of us - it is a big issue.  My mother is dying and I work from home, so I use this to keep tabs on her and when she needs me.  So - just before you get so superior on people complaining - realize there are very tough situations that this has impacted quite terribly.   Maybe i did make a bad choice on the system..i thought i was doing the right thing.  

Actsnopro
Aspirant
Aspirant
Stop crying about the system being down. You should be at work doing something and not watching for birds. Someone at Arlo probably fell asleep and drooled on the keyboard and short circuited the motherboard. Or there was an alien invasion and took over the Arlo server. You are still getting alerts if motion is detected and is in your library. Back to work.
M0S
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo go system still down.  Not impressed so far.  Only had this for 1 month to try and see about getting more units.  Not happening at this rate.

tanagerbrd
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks, pretty disappointing though, since we just installed and already the company has issues. Well, the other concern is that I never received an email regarding this so I called and was on hold listening to that annoying recording of that lady telling me what I should do and tips and tricks over and over again for like 45 minutes!!!
bosshog33
Aspirant
Aspirant

And we are LIVE!!!!!  appreciate the work to get us back online ARLO!!  Now if i can just get some help to find out why i can't get the 2 way radio to work on my phone??

richy_229
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well it seems to work for now but I want to express my frustrations and reiterate everyone else's.  For a security device at high prices, we all expect better and especially would want an alert when there is a system or server down so we don't waste time trying to fix our router at home thinking the problem is on us. 

I've set other homes up with this system and it was very embarassing for me when they had trouble disabling and kept tripping their alarm over and over.  They had to eventually power off the base station.  The feeling of being vulnerable without a fully accessible security system is even worse.  Overall I like the product but this leaves a bad taste.

Please ensure that this never happens again.

Albey94
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras are still down, only recoding cannot see live feed! When will this be fixed
gariaeg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where is Arlo? What Arlo is saying about this problem???

@BretDwrote:
Dear Arlo customer,

We are aware of an issue where our ARLO customers are temporarily unable to login into their account. ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,
The Arlo Teamarlo.png

Tigrou95
Apprentice
Apprentice
Any News? In switzerland IT doesnt Work since this morning so +10 Hours without arlo not serious pléase fix thé bug and update people. Why not receive pop up or mail if problem
928S
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Pro user here. This system is really starting to become problematic. I'm on vacation and the system is down. I have no way to check on my property?!?! This is the Ultimate Nightmare for a security system end-user. Totally unacceptable Netgear!
sumdude
Initiate
Initiate

in washington state service down all night tho able to login now