Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
Frustrated1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Login issue using Iphone 8 with laterst IOS on Verzion wireless

Kdavid
Star
Star

Love the special Netgear/Arlo Community website where Netgear encouraged and requested for help and information. Hundreds and hundreds of customers provide the information they request.... and.... oh wait! No, never mind. Just crickets (Yup, sarcasm).

I assume this site is set up for Netgear's customers to vent and think they're being heard while the company does nothing to communicate or respond to requests from it's customers to provide updates and basic information.

Netgear's Communications Director must be at the beach on vacation while Nest keeps an eye on her/his home and family members. 

Thorgod1961
Guide
Guide
When is arlo going to let us know what there issue is on and off last couple of days can’t log in. I would like a refund if they can’t fix there issue
Rob411
Aspirant
Aspirant
Problem started on 27 May after 9 pm pst. App stopped responding last night when on WiFi network. Also not able to view cameras from PC, iPad or iPhone when connected with same WiFi.. Firewall settings have not changed. Arlo must have changed something yesterday 27 May..
53mromero
Aspirant
Aspirant
Been having same issues with connectivity. I have Frontier Fios internet and ATT cellular. Can’t get to my settings or even enter my password. Tells me my username and password are incorrect. Getting very effing tired of this.
FACTECH44
Aspirant
Aspirant
Verizon mobile, Spectrum cable and wifi and android. Still getting offline message since 7:00am 5/28/18
Ema1040
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having problems logging in or resetting my password. At this moment it states that "Arlo is currently unavailable". What do I do?
Smitdog1977
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having trouble logging in to the arlo app. It says, we are having trouble logging in because of internet connectivity
Thorgod1961
Guide
Guide

Needmorecoffee
Tutor
Tutor
Fingers crossed. Turned off the VPN and the Arlo application is working again. Hopefully this nightmare is over.
Gildor1
Apprentice
Apprentice

8PM Pacific, working again (Galaxy S4, Android, TMobile w Frontier Fios ISP).  Its a little intermittent, but is working for much longer periods than it isn't.

Thorgod1961
Guide
Guide
One minute I can log in the next I can’t
KatHat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using an Apple I-Phone with AT&T as my provider.  My husband is also using an Apple I-Phone but with Verizon as his provider.  We have Comcast/Xfinity as our wifi provider.  We are both having difficulty using the app and are both receiving the same error messages as you described.

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Still not working. Have seen small intervals where it worked then returned to same issue ... sure key folks enjoying Holiday today!!!!!
Ema1040
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm trying to reset my password as well and it doesn't recognize my e-mail address...annoying!
Msgina
Aspirant
Aspirant

Help!! I'm also having problem signing in to Arlo App on my iPhone & iPad.

I get the notifications but then I can't sign in or see the library of video.

cvargas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tampa, FL
Spectrum
AT&T
IPhone X iOS 11.3.1

Same connection issues everyone is having.
Thorgod1961
Guide
Guide
I have reset my log in several times still does same thing again won’t log in
Albiesolis
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm still unable to login. Getting internet connection problem message. All my devices are connected and running.

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
You would think that they could at least return to prior release. Their ability to validate new app revisions is pathetic. Since 2.4.7 they are release success is about 60% .... this sinks most software dependent companies. Ok .... there I feel a bit better ...
Emgarcia
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo not working. WiFi provider is frontier
Smitdog1977
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same problem! Frustrating!
Chigger
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, replying as requested. I have this notice when I try to log in. I have ATT as a service provider and I am using an iPhone 6S Plus.

My home computer iMac is also saying can’t find server when I try to log on to Arlo from there.
KR52
Guide
Guide

11:10 Eastern time. For a few minutes..I’m able to login on both iPhone & iPad. 

WiFi on Spectrum network. Will see how long this lasts!

I think the company should give us all refunds on these wonderful systems. On this holiday weekend, we’ve been unable to get notifications & monitor our systems. 

chasbolt
Aspirant
Aspirant

FIXED IT!  Been working with this problem all day.  Finally, disconnected power to main router and Arlo router.  Waited a minute, then plugged main router back in - waited 5 minutes;  then plugged Arlo router back in - waited 5 minutes.  Everything working now.