Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
emt803
Star
Star
Have arlo smart subscriptions. Last app update the smart notifications says my cameras are disabled when I go to move them to enabled says I do not have permission. See attached ? Any help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AAD3
Initiate
Initiate

Had same problem. I canceled my Smart subscription then turned around and bought it again. Got credit for what I left on my subscription. It worked after that.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

Same here, I moved some cameras down to the "inactive"   section of "Smart Notifications" but when I try to move them back to the active area I get the "do not have permissions  error".

Also, even though I have an Arlo wirefree camera in the "inactive" area, it DOES still send smart notifications.

So all in all, this part of the system  is not working for  me.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I find that the Android app and browser are working for me. Have you tried both?

brh
Master
Master

Same problem. Have been complaining about the problem over a week now.

Brian

AAD3
Initiate
Initiate

Had same problem. I canceled my Smart subscription then turned around and bought it again. Got credit for what I left on my subscription. It worked after that.

brh
Master
Master

@AAD3

I thought about that, but in the short term I will wait for a solution. 

Brian

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

@jguerdat wrote:

I find that the Android app and browser are working for me. Have you tried both?

I have now tried iOS, Android  and web browser but all fail to activate cameras due to permissions error.

emt803
Star
Star
Yes have tried internet explorer browser and google chrome same result
emt803
Star
Star
Thanks that worked
brh
Master
Master

Since cancelling you Smart service and re-subscribing fixed the problem, it would appear that somehow our accounts got messsed up. I guess that is the next step for me as I have tried everything else.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@AAD3

Thanks for the solution. It worked.

Brian

MattsCraft
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does this subscription work with the cameras on Battery power only?  In the past to get 24 hour monitering & zone control notifications cameras had to be on house power?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Smart works on battery or AC power.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@AAD3 wrote:

Ditto here.  I had no inactive cameras in Arlo Smart on the web site and couldn't drag them to active on the app.  I had an Arlo Smart Elite subscription.  Also, it said I was allowed 15 (vs 20) cameras.  I remembered this solution and downgraded to Premiere and then back to Elite.  I was charged on a pro-rated basis.  My max cameras changed to 20 and all of my cameras showed up in the web as active.  My cameras also moved from inactive to active on the mobile app when I logged back in there.