Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Buzzroll
Guide
Guide

I now have basic smart on one camera but have 4 cameras in all. The smart notifications aren't working on that camera. In fact NO notifications are working on tgat camera.

Please help.

213 REPLIES 213
Clunzz
Initiate
Initiate
My favourite point is that they still won't acknowledge that's its an issue affecting so many users. Rather they just take sus through stupid useless troubleshooting for an issue that clearly is at their side.
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
Yes That’s really pissing me off too that no one really acknowledging that this is a general problem. I don’t know one person in Australia who is receiving smart notifications. I’m german and living in Australia and I also started a conversation in the German forum and there is even an Arlo employee commenting and helping in the forum but she couldn’t help yet either to fix the issue.
eshutter
Guide
Guide
Has anybody in the world actually received a people,animal or vehicle notification?
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
I guess some people in the US because they could sue them otherwise for millions.....
Glix
Apprentice
Apprentice

Omg.

Australian User...

I just recevied 'Person detected on [Camera Name*]. I think (touch wood) it may be working FINALLY for me.

Image-1.jpg

EON07
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got my first ever smart notification after several weeks in New Zealand!
eshutter
Guide
Guide
Me too! After turning off the cameras in the Arlo app (settings/my devices) for a few hours and then turning on. It finally detected me as a person and not a motion event. Although it's still notifying me twice for every event.
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
For now i won’t sign up again for smart until I got the refund for my cancellations.
EON07
Aspirant
Aspirant
I didn't have to restart or anything. It just started working last night. It's almost like a server end check box was ticked and now it works.
eshutter
Guide
Guide
All my other cameras have become smart too, maybe Arlo did flick the switch, I'm in Australia.
Glix
Apprentice
Apprentice

It would be even nicer as a goodwill gesture if all existing subscribers received an apology or one off X month credit.

Sure it is now working for some people, but the excuses and lack of due care has pissed a lot of people off.

Rocky_E
Aspirant
Aspirant
This system is way too buggy,, and Arlo has the absolute worse tech support. Gonna ship this back to Amazon.
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
As a question for those who are in Australia and having smart working now, do you still getting notices if bushes or trees are moving in the wind or is the system ignoring this now? Thanks.
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

EON07

Hi fellow kiwi, loving this hot weather.

Have you been having an "Error 14016 We Are Sorry We Are Unable To Change Your Plan. Please Try Again Now"

When trying to buy Smart subsriptions?

I am trying to buy one camera to try it out. Managed to buy one in November but it didn't work. It soon vanished from my system. So of course can not cancel it.

But still being charged for it.

You can confirm thougfh it is working in NZ now??

rp1790
Tutor
Tutor

I can confirm that Smart notifications are working in New Zealand.  I've had people, animal and vehicle alerts.  And for the first time today have had a package detected at my frondoor.

eshutter
Guide
Guide
Yes working in Australia too but the delay in receiving smart notifications can range from 30seconds to 15 minutes! Must depend on Arlo server loads!
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
What about the delay from the actual thing happening in the notifications? I hear about until 15 minutes delay I’m receiving notifications which can be far too late In case of break ins.
rp1790
Tutor
Tutor

I've never had a notification take more than 10-15 seconds...that I can recall.  This is on IOS.

eshutter
Guide
Guide
Movement is detected and records to the library, but the notifications are never instant. I believe this only affects people who pay for smart notifications as part of an annual subscription. I'm using the latest version of Android.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Smart notifications are only sent after the servers receive the whole video and post-process the videos to determine what subject caused the recording. It should take only seconds, not minutes. Normal notifications are instantaneous since no post-processing is needed.

Australien
Luminary
Luminary
But why having smart then??? I have 5 cams and it runs smooth with the free “plan” we have eyes and can see what the alarm caused. I rather have the notifications instantly and see myself what’s going on. I see no value in those delayed messages I pay for good money!
Buzzroll
Guide
Guide
Not true. I have smart and get instant notifications.
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
And where are you from? But again there are so many people having trouble and it’s proven it’s not their fault, so please tell me why paying for such a faulty system if you can have it for free for 5 or less cams? You can see also what caused the alarm if you look with your eyes.
eshutter
Guide
Guide
Looks like my smart notifications have been close to instant for the past few days, I still think it's dependant on how loaded the Arlo servers are. I need to pay a subscription to view all my cameras because I have 14 of them otherwise would only have access to 5.
rp1790
Tutor
Tutor

@Australien

I'm from New Zealand and Smart notifications work fine.

I don't understand why you you pay for a subscription if you don't want to and are unhappy with it?  You  can choose to cancel and get a refund at anytime for anything unused.