Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Notifications Are Not Working

Buzzroll
Guide
Guide

I now have basic smart on one camera but have 4 cameras in all. The smart notifications aren't working on that camera. In fact NO notifications are working on tgat camera.

Please help.

213 REPLIES 213
somewhereiniowa
Star
Star
I have had this same exact problem for a couple months now. Was there ever a solution to this?
Bschanz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope there has been no solution. 😞 

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

I was given 2 months of free Service by Arlo. (only 1 of which was actually free, credit card was still charged).

And I have cancelled that, I recieve less notifications on the free service, than the paid.

Great cameras, easy to setup. But the software really needs to do what it says its going to do, especially as its paid for.

Like a Mc Donalds hamburger, what you see in the picture is not what you get in the box. And you feel bad after.

Bschanz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Guess I need to call them. Not getting any help here.
MattPerth
Initiate
Initiate

Same exact thing with me. Smart Notifications are coming to my phone 15 minutes later. Sometimes they dont come at all. This needs to be fixed asap. I paid a lot of money for my 5 cameras and Ultra Base station!

Bschanz
Aspirant
Aspirant

And if you click on the contact button it just takes you to the support page. Haven't found where to email them yet.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Email isn't usually available. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the 2nd page, which has FAQs. On the 3rd page is the contact links for chat and phone.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

eshutter
Guide
Guide
Chat support hasn't worked in more than a year for me, it brings up a pop up window but nothing happens.
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
The only Solution is go downgrade to base plan. Notices come immediately you only have to position the cams so that they don’t catch unwanted moving bushes or trees. Working well for me!
nav3822
Initiate
Initiate

I had to do the same thing, downgrade plan to basic, twice actually. Once I downgraded, my cameras started notifying again. Plus another side effect is that my camera would record to my local storage, but not to the cloud, and for only 1 - 2 seconds. After downgrading, it records normally for the 30 seconds I initially set it at.

lfastert
Initiate
Initiate

Start filing claims with the BBB this is rediculous this has been going on since the beginning of 2018!!!   With no resolution 

Dirtdogg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Check your settings in your Iphone if thats what your using. Go to settings, In the Arlo app at the bottom of the settings there is a button to turn on/off notifications when someone enters or leaves. Somehow mine got turned off (I never touched it). I turned it back on and started to get notifications again. Hope this helps

miLLiboy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can anyone confirm if smart notifications and the detection works on iPhone. From what I have read it seems not. Thanks.
LizJ
Tutor
Tutor

I bought 5 Pro 2 and 1 ultra base with an ultra camera.  Let me tell you, I have been a long time fan and have recommended Arlo to a bunch of folks.  No more.  The support is horrific.  It's out of country and there is no way to reach out to anyone that can really help.  Took (2) days and (2) long phone calls to arrange an RMA on a defective camera that had already been replaced once.  The Ultra, as cool as it is, is not ready for prime time. I too will be looking to replace the entire Arlo system and will definitely recommend that others do the same.   Arlo had a great product but after this experience I am not willing to give them any more of my money.  Largely because their support sucks.