Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

Re: Notification delay

I have had this same exact problem for a couple months now. Was there ever a solution to this?
Message 201 of 210
Aspirant

Nope there has been no solution. Smiley Sad 

Message 202 of 210
Luminary

I was given 2 months of free Service by Arlo. (only 1 of which was actually free, credit card was still charged).

And I have cancelled that, I recieve less notifications on the free service, than the paid.

Great cameras, easy to setup. But the software really needs to do what it says its going to do, especially as its paid for.

Like a Mc Donalds hamburger, what you see in the picture is not what you get in the box. And you feel bad after.

Message 203 of 210
Aspirant

Guess I need to call them. Not getting any help here.
Message 204 of 210
Initiate

Re: Smart Notifications

Same exact thing with me. Smart Notifications are coming to my phone 15 minutes later. Sometimes they dont come at all. This needs to be fixed asap. I paid a lot of money for my 5 cameras and Ultra Base station!

Message 205 of 210
Aspirant

And if you click on the contact button it just takes you to the support page. Haven't found where to email them yet.

Message 206 of 210
Guru

Email isn't usually available. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the 2nd page, which has FAQs. On the 3rd page is the contact links for chat and phone.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Message 207 of 210
Guide

Chat support hasn't worked in more than a year for me, it brings up a pop up window but nothing happens.
Message 208 of 210
Highlighted
Luminary

The only Solution is go downgrade to base plan. Notices come immediately you only have to position the cams so that they don’t catch unwanted moving bushes or trees. Working well for me!
Message 209 of 210
Initiate

I had to do the same thing, downgrade plan to basic, twice actually. Once I downgraded, my cameras started notifying again. Plus another side effect is that my camera would record to my local storage, but not to the cloud, and for only 1 - 2 seconds. After downgrading, it records normally for the 30 seconds I initially set it at.

Model: VMB4500 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 210 of 210