Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Notifications Are Not Working

Buzzroll
Guide
Guide

I now have basic smart on one camera but have 4 cameras in all. The smart notifications aren't working on that camera. In fact NO notifications are working on tgat camera.

Please help.

213 REPLIES 213
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you restart the base? Are you getting videos? Is the camera armed?

Buzzroll
Guide
Guide

Yes to all. Restarted through the app. Armed all devices and it is recording videos. Im just not getting any notifications on that camera that ive 'upgraded'

Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

Exact same issue! Started on Nov 21st sometime. That was my last notification. I thought it was strange because it said, "All Other Motions" and I had never noticed that before. But nothing since. It's always armed and I never adjusted anything. I just rebooted my basestation to see if that helps any and went out to check it. Still nothing. Mine won't detect, notify or anything!

dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello,

I've subscribed to arlo smart and enabled to be only alerted for person detection.

But the system does not appear to detect any person, vehicle or animal?

We have a dog in the house and when the camera is armed it only detects the dog as "motion" and not "animal"

Is the smart detection not working or?
lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice
I no longer receive notifications on my phone with the pro although when motion detected video is recorded as I have set it. I have restarted the Arlo base station, modem, router, and uninstalled and installed the app. Still nothing. Please help!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Verify that the notifications are still set in your modes and rules. ALso, verify that notifications are allowed in the phone settings for the app. Possibly rebooting the phone will help or reinstalling the app would help.

lakersfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice
All notifications are set correctly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. I have rebooted my phone. Still does not work. Last week I was receiving notifications like 2 min late, and now they're completely gone. I need this fixed ASAP.
dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice
Bump.
Any insight? Or should I raise a support case?
dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello,

I've subscribed to arlo smart and enabled to be only alerted for person detection.

But the system does not appear to detect any person, vehicle or animal?

We have a dog in the house and when the camera is armed it only detects the dog as "motion" and not "animal"

Is the smart detection not working or?
Chandler21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not sure smart notifications is working in the UK?  It would be helpful to know if anyone in the UK has this working? I receive the rich notifications but get notified for all detections even if vehicles and animals are turned off. I just receive a motion detected alert.

dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've just got off a rather length live chat with a representative and went through a lot of troubleshooting. 

Was asked to remove and re-sync my cameras when I get back this evening, it is rather annoying but the due-process.

I do have a suspicion that the smart detection just simply isn't working in the UK it seems.

Chandler21
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please let me know how you get on as I tried to re sync my cameras last night while on the live chat but still got no joy..
dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice

Will do. 

Following from that what did they advise since it didn't work?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Buzzroll, @Binary100100

Are you still experiencing this issue? Which Device/Model/OS are you using? Do you have the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App installed?

Wi11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a similar issue for the past several days.  Pro 2 camera is armed for motion and records motion but no longer getting notifications on my android phone or email notifications.  No changes to phone and email settings.  I restarted the base station but still no notifications.

Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS The Arlo app on my Android Samsung S8 stops working when I place or receive a phone call.

I have only one camera with Arlo Smart to alert me and it's DEACTIVATED!

The other two that are activated don't do anything anymore.

I'm very frustrated and will soon be discontinuing my Arlo Smart (since it doesn't work as it should anymore.)

arlo smart1.PNGarlo package.PNGarlo front door.PNGarlo armed.PNGScreenshot_20181126-120859_Phone.jpgarlo smart driveway.PNGarlo smart back porch.PNG

Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

As you can tell from my screenshots included previously, I have it set to notify me when there's activity in my DRIVEWAY and my back porch. NOT for my front door. I have a Ring video doorbell for that. But now it's doing the exact opposite. I'm getting constant notifications for my front door but none for my driveway or back porch. I have package detection deactivated and sensitivity at ~80% for all cameras. Not sure what else to do. It's been like this for a couple of days now (since the 24th.)

Somebody screwed up with this latest update. Smiley Sad

Buzzroll
Guide
Guide

Arlo Pro 2, latest app, firmware, latest. vmb4000r3

Yes it still doesn't work and never has...

I have noticed that the time is incorrect on the notification.
Library time says 24hrs and Notification says 12hrs

For example:
Library = 20:30pm

Notification 08:30pm

It might be trying to pull a screenshot from a video clip that doesn't exist because of the time difference?

I also get 3 sound notifications for that camera!?

Buzzroll
Guide
Guide

I have:

1. uninstalled and reinstalled the app

2. pared that camera again

3. logged out and back in again

4. restarted base station

5. took battery out and in on camera

6. uninstalled anti virus software

7. got refunded twice and bought smart for the 3rd time. still no luck

Orm
Star
Star

I have the same problem. Only "motion" notifications, nothing else. I have Premium subscription and live in Sweden.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Buzzroll,

Is this on an iPhone or Android? What os is it currently running?

@Binary100100,

Which version of android is your s8 running?

Nando012
Aspirant
Aspirant
I subscribed to have the Arlo Smart feature on my Arlo Pro 2 camera set up in Australia.
The subscription was successful but the 'smart feature is inactive. Why is this so?
Buzzroll
Guide
Guide
Samsung s8 android 8.0.0.
wakevortex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Identical problem..all up to date and restarted everything...

Notification says ONLY "motion Alert" and for example 05.25pm whereas the library file says 17.25 

Bill P