Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Buzzroll
Guide
Guide

I now have basic smart on one camera but have 4 cameras in all. The smart notifications aren't working on that camera. In fact NO notifications are working on tgat camera.

Please help.

213 REPLIES 213
Buzzroll
Guide
Guide

This is really getting on my nerves now...

I've brain stormed and tried to help and have received NO apology or thanks for my efforts.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS wrote:

@Buzzroll,

Is this on an iPhone or Android? What os is it currently running?

@Binary100100,

Which version of android is your s8 running?

I'm also using Samsung S8 with 8.0.0.

Ekezow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Searched and did not find answer to my problem. For last 3-4 weeks, I place a cell call out and everytime the Arlo pro 2 connection terminates. This never happens when I receive a phone call. I am using Verizon service on a Samsung S9+ smartphone. Thanks for any help.

Wi11
Aspirant
Aspirant
So last night I took the camera down and resynced it and so far that has solved the app alerts issue, but still don't get email alerts. That's not a big deal to me cause I much prefer the app alerts for checking on movement.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app.

picmanjoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here after setting up a four-camera Pro 2 system last night. App will fc when receiving calls as well as when making them.. Google Nexus 6P.

Bigm4sho
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am not recieving any notifications when cameras detect motion but when I open the app recordings are in the library. I had reset the base and cameras and still no working can anyone help with this problem
dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice

As if by magic this morning they have started working again. 

Woke up to find "Animal detected" notifications from my dog wandering around during the night.

Chandler21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same thing happen to me this morning. Went out to the car and received a person notifications.  Really glad it's now working but wish Arlo would have acknowledged that there was a fault with it so I didn't have to waste so much time with support.

duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice

On iOS or Android? Are you paying for the Premier smart or are you on the basic (free) subscription?

Wi11
Aspirant
Aspirant
So after resyncing the pro 2 camera on Monday the app alerts for motion worked for a day now the camera is back to recording motion but not receiving app alerts again.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Wi11,

What model is your android device & what OS is it currently running? Do these issues occur on WIFI and cellular data?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Nando012,

Are you experiencing this error on both the mobile app and web client versions? Which device or browser are you using where you are experiencing this error?

Wi11
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a galaxy s9. I downloaded the Arlo app update dated 11/27/18 this morning and app alerts through motion appear to working again.
Bigm4sho
Aspirant
Aspirant
On android I have basic subscriptions I am not recieving notifications for motion detected
ynotortep
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having same issue. My one camera with smart notifications hasn't recorded one video since i signed up for the service.
Nando012
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica
I am experiencing this issue using the App on my Samsung S8 + phone.
Please note: I am in Australia. Firstly, is the Arlo Smart Feature available for use for Australians ? The subscription for Arlo Smart was successful. Therefore is it an App issue or simply, the service is NOT available for Australians in spite of money paid for the subscription?
duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice

There was an Android app update yesterday, have you updated the app and tried again?

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Make sure you have given Arlo phone permissions when you update the app.

Mshams115
Tutor
Tutor

Same here! Since the update it will record but not send notifications at all.

I have tried everything from rebooting to uninstalling and nothing works.

Pixel XL

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo Smart Feature is available in Australia. Could you try checking through the web client to see if you're experiencing the same problem and to see if it's an app-only issue?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Ekezow

@picmanjoe

Have you updated you phone to the latest Arlo Mobile App version 2.6.4 and tested again?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ynotortep

What firmware version is your base station and camera currently running? Have you checked the library on the web portal or mobile app?

ynotortep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, everything is up to date. My current version is 2.6.4_23200 which was released 11/26/18. It is ONLY the one camera that I had set smart services on. The other 3 work perfect. 

I have even tried to cancel smart services and reset everything to the basic 'free' mode. That 1 camera still will not work.