Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
ChefChaudart
Guide
Guide

Hello,

In geofencing parameters, on friends list, how delete old devices ???

I found this, but that's quite old ;

"JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired
‎22-06-2021 05:48 PM

At this time, to remove your grant access' devices from Geofencing, you will need to remove them as a grant access and re-invite them to have those devices deleted/updated.

We have shared the feedback to the development team to have grant access users be able to remove old/unused devices. We appreciate everyone's patience in regards to this."

Any progress ??

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

To remove the devices added by the Admin, The admin needs to sign in to the app and navigate to the Profile Icon in the top left > Privacy Center > Account > Available geofence device(s) > Select the device via the red icon > Delete.

To remove shared access device(s), the Shared account needs to log in to their app and remove the requested device(s) via the same steps: Profile Icon in the top left > Privacy Center > Account > Available geofence devices > Select the device via the red icon > Delete.

55 REPLIES 55
alex_loo
Guide
Guide

@StephenB wrote:

@alex_loo wrote:

It's frustrating to see admins keep suggesting "trying" this and "trying" that, when those tries simply won't fix the issue.

Almost all of the posts are from other users (not Arlo mods).

I see.   apologies if I have offended "non-mods" 😅

So basically there is no Arlo people helping here 🤔

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@alex_loo wrote:

So basically there is no Arlo people helping here 🤔

There have been bugs for quite a while in the combination of geofencing+scheduling, and the most recent info I've seen from Arlo basically says it doesn't work.

Several users have been trying various things anyway - if that bothers you, then that's your issue not theirs.

@Jeffi appears to have succeeded.  Maybe Arlo fixed some of the bugs???  No easy way to tell.

Either way you might see if that solution fits your use case.  See post 146 here:  

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

@StephenB wrote:

There have been bugs for quite a while in the combination of geofencing+scheduling, and the most recent info I've seen from Arlo basically says it doesn't work.

I must say at least to its simplest form (ie single user, single device), I have been able to run the 3 modes with 2 schedules (730am switch and 1130pm switch) and 2 geofencing (all leave home switch, one return home switch) --- pretty neatly and up to my satisfaction.  So I have NO complaint on this level.

The only situation when things start to go wrong (at least for me), is when:

- I have additional user (ie my wife) added, and then ...

- geofencing does not really work all the time (say, when we are leaving home together, nothing gets triggered; when both/one of us is returning home, nothing gets triggered; and such mess are not 100% faulty all the time, they DO work occasionally)

- I start noticing multiple geofencing devices regarding my wife's iPhone

And at the moment, I have kicked out my wife and kept the ARLO only to myself (my user, my Android here).  The basic things are "back to normal" to me.

Alex

jraysherry
Aspirant
Aspirant

FINALLY Arlo has released a new software update and the issue with the guest account device list has been resolved.  Now the # of devices can exceed 5 (the list cannot be edited but the at least geofencing works again with more than 5 devices on our list).  It still took me a LONG time to get it to work, but I did the following:  Arlo app update, updated my IOS software to 17.6.1, main account deleted guest and resent granting of access.  The guest account accepted this access but it did not show as accepted (stayed in Pending status).  Guest account then deleted all Active Sessions (Under Privacy_Account), and re-added Guest Iphone.  That did not work to get access out of Pending, so Guest account then changed their Password on Arlo account…this DID work to get Access out of Pending.  Then had to mess with geofencing in main account and guest account until finally the guest account showed up in Iphone Privacy Setting_Location.  This all took LOTS of time but finally for the first time in months geofencing is working again.  

jcplonghorn
Tutor
Tutor

Not meaning to be a pessimist, but I have done all that also. It works for a day or two, to the point that I have almost posted here about my successful steps. Invariably, it stops working again a day or two later with no rhyme or reason. Hope yours sticks, but I have given up on Arlo and their nonexistent “support”. 

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

@alex_loo wrote:

I must say at least to its simplest form (ie single user, single device), I have been able to run the 3 modes with 2 schedules (730am switch and 1130pm switch) and 2 geofencing (all leave home switch, one return home switch) --- pretty neatly and up to my satisfaction.  So I have NO complaint on this level.

The only situation when things start to go wrong (at least for me), is when:

- I have additional user (ie my wife) added, and then ...

- geofencing does not really work all the time (say, when we are leaving home together, nothing gets triggered; when both/one of us is returning home, nothing gets triggered; and such mess are not 100% faulty all the time, they DO work occasionally)

- I start noticing multiple geofencing devices regarding my wife's iPhone

And at the moment, I have kicked out my wife and kept the ARLO only to myself (my user, my Android here).  The basic things are "back to normal" to me.

Just an update to my situation.  I now have my wife's iPhone also logging in my user account, and so far not bad, even with geofencing.  More details with message 168 of following:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-4/Geofencing-is-completely-broken-in-the-new-APP/m-p/2415727#...

Alex