Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

How to remove friends' devices from Geo Fencing ?

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
ChefChaudart
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

In geofencing parameters, on friends list, how delete old devices ???

I found this, but that's quite old ;

"JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired
‎22-06-2021 05:48 PM

At this time, to remove your grant access' devices from Geofencing, you will need to remove them as a grant access and re-invite them to have those devices deleted/updated.

We have shared the feedback to the development team to have grant access users be able to remove old/unused devices. We appreciate everyone's patience in regards to this."

Any progress ??

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

To remove the devices added by the Admin, The admin needs to sign in to the app and navigate to the Profile Icon in the top left > Privacy Center > Account > Available geofence device(s) > Select the device via the red icon > Delete.

To remove shared access device(s), the Shared account needs to log in to their app and remove the requested device(s) via the same steps: Profile Icon in the top left > Privacy Center > Account > Available geofence devices > Select the device via the red icon > Delete.

29 REPLIES 29
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Maas45 Are you able to login to your wife's old phone with your main account or is the device no longer in your possession? 

Maas45
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, but I logged in on her account on the my arlo website and was able to delete the old phone from there under two step authentication. Once I deleted the old phone from that things started working on geofence then. 

Eboh86
Aspirant
Aspirant

Like other users in this thread, I do not see this option listed under privacy center??

pcs0snq
Guide
Guide

Arlo Security app iOS 

just replaced my wife’s iPhone and like many others. There is no way to remove friends devices from geofencing edit area, and just as bad, there isn’t a way to edit the friends user name so the new added device looks unique and not like now the same as the 3 old retired iPhone devices.

Arlo support Can you please help me so I can use geofencing?

I think this is causing the green/gray home/away tic from working now on her iPhone. It worked before. It shouldn’t be this hard to use geofencing as a family 

IMG_6682.png

jcplonghorn
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem we all have. In my case, I show *seven* devices listed as shared with my son, and every one of them is named “iPhone”. No way to tell which is his current one (which is called “[Name]’s iPhone 15 Pro Max.” It doesn’t use the actual names of the old phones. In any case, we can’t even delete any of those devices. Otherwise I would delete them all and start fresh. But no option to delete! It’s just broken functionality. The geofenced indoor cameras turn on whenever my son (with whom I have shared the cameras) leaves the house, and I, the primary account holder, am home with my iPhone. Why can’t Arlo take this seriously and fix it after all this time?