Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
meddo1963
Star
Star

I have the Arlo Smart premier, which is either not smart or smarter than I

I have un-checked the animal and motion icon alerts. But it keeps alerting me with both with multiple recordings. Why ????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should be fixed now but the development team will keep monitoring this issue. Please monitor your Smart notifications and let us know if you're still experiencing this issue.

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi meddo1963,

Could you elaborate more on what you mean with getting alerts with multiple recordings when uncheckng the animal notification and motion icon alert?

meddo1963
Star
Star

In the smart Notifications in settings, you can edit the motion alerts. I have the animal un-check, I do not want it to see animals. But with this un-checked, it still alerts me for animals. I have a mid size shepard that sets it off all the time. I only want it to recognize people and cards

meddo1963
Star
Star

People and cars, sorry misspeld

I want it to record for people and cars only, not animals

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried toggling the Smart notifications by toggling off and on? Also try this through the web client on your computer.

meddo1963
Star
Star
Yes, I tried that over the weekend, same results
Keeps seeing the animals when I turned it off
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You can try to reboot your Base Station or SmartHub to see if that'll help. Otherwise, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

JessicaP. Could you please look into this personally as I too have this same issue. The stock answer to "contact customer support" will only result in them asking us if we have done all the same things we have already done. And then they will open yet another ticket which will go un acted on for weeks.

I am sure all of us Arlo customers are more than familiar with the "unpair/pair/reboot/unplug...etc. mantra. We do it in our sleep these days.

Please look into this and let us know what is being done to correct it.  

meddo1963
Star
Star

Yes, it would be great if You Jessica solved this. I am paying for a yearly subscription that is not delivering as it says. I have re-contacted customer service only for them to say they'll get back with me ???  It sounds like quit a few people are having this issue. I have done everything you requested with no resolution. Thanks

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Reallyconfused and meddo1963,

Try to change your Smart settings again and wait for 30 minutes and try testing again to see if that helps.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Again? Don't you think I have done exactly that over and over? I think Arlo is missing the point here. 

meddo1963
Star
Star

I have done that multiple times, all with the same outcome. It does not work, it will alert me to animals. It alerts me with my dog or cats. 90% of my alerts are from animals. I have tried the website and phone, multiple times.

This needs to be fixed, I paid for the smart subscription to be able to edit what alerts me. It doesn't work.

I've tried everything you suggested multiple times, needs to be fixed.

Thanks

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I am very close to cancelling my “smart” plan. I would be a fool to continue paying good money for bad service which does not work.
It’s irritating enough that I need to keep pulling down cameras to delete and pair again just to keep them working on a basic level
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate both of your patience in regards to this. Our development team is looking into this and would like to verify if the issue is still persisting for you both.

meddo1963
Star
Star

Yes, I am still having this problem.

and Yes, I did as you ask with no fix

Please, lets get this resolved ASAP

Thank You

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes. It’s been an issue for some time now. The usual “fix” does nothing.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This

497CE369-B565-45F0-BB92-F846429B713A.png

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So there is a screen capture of the settings for my "Smart" service which is costing me money. And also a link to the video which I am alerted to even though I should not be.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Reallyconfused wrote:

So there is a screen capture of the settings for my "Smart" service which is costing me money. And also a link to the video which I am alerted to even though I should not be.

The settings don't affect recordings (everything is still stored).  But they should disable animal alerts.

Did the alert say an animal was detected?  Or did it say something else?  

You might also try disabling "all other motion".

meddo1963
Star
Star

I have tried that too, with no success. On the phone app and the website. I have tried everything that was suggested so far. It still recognizes animals, from small cats to my medium size dog. 90% of my alerts are caused by my animals.

Please fix this

Thanks

meddo1963
Star
Star

Yes, 90% of the alerts do say animal detected

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@meddo1963 wrote:

Please fix this

I don't work for them, so I can't fix anything.  The most other users can do is help troubleshoot.

@meddo1963 wrote:

90% of my alerts are caused by my animals.

Understood.  But you haven't answered the question - are the alert messages saying that an animal was detected, or are they saying something else?.

meddo1963
Star
Star

Yes, animal detected

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I cant speak for others, but I would not be adding my questions and comment's to this thread if I were not getting  Animal Alerts! I am fully aware that everything gets recorded. However, my iPhone should not be receiving alerts containing animals.

Its amazing how much we need to repeat ourselves in this forum.