Have Arlo Smart Premier and unchecked animal and motion icon alerts but getting alerted
So I tried to attach screen captures of some of the actual “animal alerts” that Arlo keeps pushing to my phone, too more just this morning. These would show that this extra feature I am paying for does not work.
For some reason the Arlo system will not let me attach a jpeg. A jpeg! It must be one of the most commonly used formats available to mankind. Anyone know how I can attach/post this evidence?
I could post the videos but I would like to show where it actually has the text
”Animal Alert” to clear things up.
i guess in the end I will be forced to give customer support a crack at this. Then I can get my ticket and wait for nothing else to happen.
Do I sound frustrated? Yes I do. It’s a never ending ride with Arlo.
I have an idea to try.
In my settings for “Manage Arlo Smart” I had all my cameras in that grouping. Battery powered and ac powered.
As I understand that the cameras function differently when powered by ac, that they will do some degree of internal processing, I removed them from that group. I left only the battery powered cameras under the umbrella of Arlo Smart. Let’s see what happens. Hopefully I can solve my own problem like I did with the Arlo doorbell, which I found to not function as advertised also.
Hi 53, I have checked that often but always find my settings as I left them. Animal toggled off. Yet I still receive alerts for animals. It’s always something with Arlo.
I'm one of the L3 Support Technicians with Arlo, and I've been investigating your issues with the Smart service behind the scenes. It sounds like we may have two different issues occurring, and I'm working to separate those out. The first issue has to do with the Smart Settings automatically being re-enabled. The second issue is receiving Animal notifications when Animal notifications are disabled.
I wanted to clarify with you both on the issues you are experiencing, and when you have been experiencing them. I also have several additional questions for you both.
- Are you still having the issue with the Smart Settings automatically changing back? That is to say, when you disable one of the Smart options (Animal, Person, Vehicle, etc.), do any of those settings come back on by themselves? If so, how recently has that happened? When we checked the logs for this issue on Friday, we did not spot it happening , so we want to confirm whether this is still happening for either of you.
- To clarify: you are receiving Animal notifications when Animal is disabled, correct? Have you found Animal re-enabled in the settings after receiving an Animal notification?
- On which device(s) are you receiving the notifications? Could you please let me know the model and OS version?
- Do you have any mobile devices that are working "properly", and do not receive Animal notifications? If yes, could you let me know the model and OS version?
- Do you have e-mail notifications enabled? If yes, have you received unwanted Animal alerts in your e-mail?
- Are you receiving the Animal notifications from a single camera or multiple cameras?
- Could you please share another video of an errant notification? Unfortunately I was too late to get the one posted on Saturday.
- Do you have Activity Zones enabled for any affected camera?
- Are any affected cameras connected to AC or Battery power?
- Do you have any "Granted Access" users on your account? If yes, do any have Admin access? Have any Granted Access users received unwanted notifications?
We do understand that these issues can be frustrating. I thank you for your patience as we investigate these issues further.
I am not having the issue with the settings changing back by themselves.
The problem I am having is getting animal notifications alert to my I phone 5.
In the smart premier service I have, I have turned off the animal and motion icons, the only ones I want to work are the people and cars ones.
Even though I have the animal icon turned off, I constantly get the animal notifications alerts. My dog and cat set these off.
Hello Mark-V and thank you for contacting us. I will answer your questions in the order you asked them.
-My settings remain off [Animals unselected] I have never seen them turn themselves on by themselves.
-I am using an iPhone X, OS 13.4 - the current version. Two other iPhones here also. A 6 and a 7. Both current OS.
-All iPhones receive "animal alerts" in their initial screen alert.
-4 out of 5 cameras utilise activity zones.
-3 cameras on battery, 2 on AC power. Animal alerts happen on both types of powered cameras.
-2 phones other than mine are seeing the same things. Only one of those 2 phones have administrative rights.
I hope that covers all your questions. Please let me know if I can provide further information.
I have posted two videos of the type of alert I am getting, animal alerts.
Also, I have not selected the option for e-mail alerts. Only push notifications to my iPhone screen.
Is there any way I can do so, and do you need to see the actual screen capture?
I just want Smart Notifications for People and Animals, but I can't stop the All Other Motion notifications from pouring in (the corresponding checkbox is definitely unchecked).
I went through about two weeks of the switches toggling themselves on but have not had that issue this week. I am though still not getting notifications most times for the two cameras I have set for motion alerts, I have however started getting motion notifications this week on cameras that have motion toggled off, almost as if they are working backwards. Just a basic 7 cam setup with no zones or anything. All of the video is correctly labeled in the library so wherever the response is determined would be the issue.
I experience the same A couple of times in the middle of the night a cat recorded and noted as animal while switched off in settings. How can this be solved? Or drop the premium program?
Well, it's designed to record all motion. The feature is "smart notifications", not "smart recordings".
Their thought on playback is that you can exclude unwanted recordings using the filter.
but it triggers the alarm as well any tips? ( with notification switched off for animals
I'd try removing the camera from the account and then re-adding it (and putting it back on the subscription plan).
If that doesn't help, then you should contact support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx
don't think that's going to do it, the camera doesn't determine what it is. I may be wrong but if it triggers and alarm is turned on it's going to sound.
You might be right if "alarm" meant activating the siren. Not something I use myself.
Yes siren is what I was meaning. I don't use it either and for that reason, I don't want to hear it 70 times a day and if one lives in town with close neighbors that could be an issue. If we could limit it say to people I would but an animal doesn't give a sh--, you would never hear it in a car and the wind sometimes whistles louder.