Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide

The app is crashing on my iOS device. Anyone else

153 REPLIES 153
OkanC
Guide
Guide

I have exactly the same problem (iPhone XS, iOS 13.7): App crashes immediately after start, re-installation doesn't help. Obviously the account settings are kept somehow when deleting the app and installing again. I guess it's a problem with iPhone X... phones. With my wife's iPhone 7 it perfectly works! Temporarily I installed the app on my corporate phone, which is a Samsung,. There the newest App version works perfectly as well, but not a solution for the long run.

Please fix that problem! It worked so well up to now...  By the way: Push for a new authentication also doesn't work with my iPhone. With the Samsung, it works well... 

Mjohnson2020
Guide
Guide
Mine too. Tried reinstalling still not working. iPhone 8’s
Also tried Deleting app , shutting off phone and then reinstalling app. Still doesn’t work.
SGD-LAD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue.  Every time I open on my iPhone, it crashes.  I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled following reboot of my phone.  Nothing helps.

marcia5484
Aspirant
Aspirant

it stopped working on my iPhone! it was working great! its working perfectly on my ipad!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be fixed on the the latest version of the Arlo iOS app, which is 2.20. Make sure to update to the latest version if you haven't done so already. You can read more about it here: Arlo iOS App - 2.20 - 15th September 2020

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

LR1755
Aspirant
Aspirant
iPhone 11 iOS 13.7 with latest Arlo 2.20. Uninstalled the app hard reboot and fresh upload. Still the same problem..... Arlo App crashes on startup. So frustrating. The app works fine on my Dell work computer and ChromeBook. Not on my Phone which is the most used app application. Have an open ticket with Arlo as well. Still no solution. Not happy!
Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide
I just downloaded 2.20 and it still crashes on my iPhone XR running iOS 13.7
Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide
And it’s only my iPhone XR that it doesn’t work. I have a work phone iPhone 8 and it works fine on that device.
Mjohnson2020
Guide
Guide
iPhone 8’s App still crashes. Deleted app and downloaded latest version. Deleted app, turned phone off , turned back on downloaded latest version again and it still crashes.
Styles2366
Aspirant
Aspirant
Updated and still doing it!
JosephT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo app is crashing at startup on my iphone X. Tried deleting app/reinstall, rebooted iPhone. Nothing worked
SoyBoy26
Star
Star

Downloaded 2.20 this morning and it now loads/connects within a few seconds vs. taking 30-45 or more seconds, which is what it had been doing the past 4-6 weeks. I am on iOS 13.7 and have an older iPhone (6S).  Smart Notifications are still not working properly for me (I need to have all Smart Notifications turned on for external facing camera to record all events - this has been the case for several weeks now), but at least this version of the Arlo app seems much more responsive than the last few.

Side note - I opened a ticket with Arlo re. the Smart Notifications a couple weeks back and haven't heard anything back. 

OkanC
Guide
Guide

The problem still occurs with my iPhone (XS, iOS 13.7) and with the newest app 2.2. I also opened a ticket last weekend, tried several times to install the app again and again after rebooting the phone, but it is the same as everyone here experiences. What I am wondering is that the app before it crashes it shows a last notice for a camera alert, which I had before the first crash. In the short cut menu, when tipping on the app a little bit longer, I suppose that the personal login remains somehow even after deleting the complete app data on the phone. Can this really be? Normally the app wants login data after reinstalling, or not? I had the idea to reset the password on my desktop, then reinstalled the app on the phone, but still the same problem. Please, dear Arlo Team, fix that bug. This way it is now I cannot use the app resp. the cameras. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you to everyone who mentioned that the issue is still occuring. We've informed the development team about this and they're investigating the reports about this again. We'll be sure to provide any new information when we hear back from the development team. We appreciate your patience once again.

OkanC
Guide
Guide

Update: With the latest iOS 14 (iPhone XS, app version 2.2) it still doesn't work: Installed new iOS, before that I deleted the Arlo app and data, installed Arlo app 2.2 again, still crashes immediately after start. Horrible... 

Whydidibuyarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am new at this community thing, But would like to know if anyone has knowledge why 2 weeks ago the newly installed Arlo app worked fine on my fairly new ipad (iPadOS 14.0), BUT NOW, When I open the app, I just get the Arlo loading white screen, then it blips away. (As someone said a year ago) I have turned iPad on and off many times, deleted app, reinstalled many times, no luck. Looks like App Version 2.20 currently.
Any answers?
Thanks. Louise
nanxy_b321
Aspirant
Aspirant
Atlas1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ever since updating to Apple IOS 14 my Arlo app is crashing and I’m unable to control my Arlo system.

I have deleted the app, reinstalled, cleared all my memory cache and it still doesn’t work.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Working fine on iOS 14 / iPad mini Gen5...

which iPhone?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Atlas1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry - iPhone X
dcfox1
Master
Master

IOS14 and the new app 2.2  work fine on my iphone8 plus. I have seen other post of the crash problem still happening. I assume since you reinstalled the app you have 2.2 though. 

MartyMe
Initiate
Initiate

App still closes after startup. On iPad Pro and iPhone X. 
how can the company continue to see users having same issue for so long?

dfwald
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo app v.2.20 crashes immediately on startup on my new Ipad 8th generation running IpadOS 14.

DontBuyArloJunk
Aspirant
Aspirant
No clue but it definitely shows the product is not a concern for Netgear. Literally just had my car alarms go off and guess who can’t check their camera?

Definitely getting rid of this POS. Didn’t work two weeks ago either....
benbonnell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo App keep crashing after upgrading to IOS 14  .  I have an Iphone 11 Pro