Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ToddBruin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried at least 10 times to sync the light bridge, with no success. I am able to get to the point where I begin the connection to Wifi and it fails every time. I have the bridge within 3 feet of the wireless router. I have factory reset the device multiple times, it never works. Do I have other options or is it defective?

8 REPLIES 8
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@ToddBruin wrote:
I am able to get to the point where I begin the connection to Wifi and it fails every time.

Any clues as to what happens when it fails?

Any messages you can read?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
ToddBruin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I simply get the message "Failed to connect to WiFI"

Sarath_Inampudi
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Below article may help for troubleshooting your Bridge setup issue (make sure to see the checklist items):

https://kb.arlo.com/000061837/I-can-t-set-up-the-Arlo-Bridge-that-came-with-my-Arlo-Light-Security-s...

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @ToddBruin,

Try to read this article to see how you can troubleshoot your Arlo Bridge that is unable to connect to your WiFi: I can't set up the Arlo Bridge that came with my Arlo Light Security system; what do I do?

ToddBruin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have confirmed all of these.  I have the bridge 3 feet from the router, no walls in between.  Everything is on the same network, etc.  I still get the same unable to connect to Wifi message.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

What router are you trying to connect to?

Does it have separate SSIDs for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz?

I ask because with other wifi devices people find that having "Smart Connect" enabled can confuse the wifi clients.

I must admit that I have seen no mention of this for the Arlo bridge, but any information can help to diagnose what is going on.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
ToddBruin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using the Cox provided Panoramic Gigablast router with the Arlo hard wired directly into it.  I have the 2.4 and 5 gHZ separated such that I do not even broadcast my 5gHZ SSID .

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me have our support team help you with your Arlo Bridge not connecting to the WiFi properly. I'll send you a private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation