Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 62 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 15 In Conversation
colinbes
Apprentice
Apprentice

My standby mode is set with motion detected and audio (where applicable) disabled yet when in standby mode the camera are detecting motion and sending alert to Arlo App on my phone.

This is something new and started a day ago - up until now when in standby mode there was no detection and no video capture.

This is very frustrating and I am not sure if it's coupled to my subscription expiring  - which it shouldn't be.

For now I have to resort to switching cameras off.

Anyone else experiencing this?

62 REPLIES 62
Sabby
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Brooke,

thanks for following up.

Removing the cameras, doing a full factory reset and reconnecting them seems to have resolved the problem for me.
I followed the instructions on this page

https://kb.arlo.com/000062880/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4-0

Thanks very much

colinbes
Apprentice
Apprentice

That is absolutely not a solution to an underlying problem. It should not differ if you have a subscription or not. It’s a temporary fix (fiddle)

colinbes
Apprentice
Apprentice

As I am traveling this month I renewed subscription. With subscription I have no issues and all works as expected. If no subscription then yes, I still have this issues. The reset/removing all etc "trick" does help but it's not the solution.

Your s/w engineering team should be able to easily replicate this issue as many are seeing the same thing.

Ladysean
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m going through the same thing. I’m about to get rid of Arlo. Update nice but standby is not working for me 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try to removing one camera factory resetting it and then adding it back to the account and see if that resolved the behavior you are seeing?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062880/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4-0

colinbes
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, I can't and it would be meaningless to try as already mentioned I added a subscription as I was traveling and problem does not exhibit itself when there is an active subscription.

I feel like I am at a broken record party we were are just going in circles. It's already been confirmed that after an update in the past this issue started presenting itself. The fiddle mentioned did obscure the issue in that alerts were no longer raised - go figure - no cameras, no alerts - brilliant (sarcasm).

Have your engineers looked into the problem and given any feedback? I haven't seen anything so am guessing not.

Why ask us to keep trying the same thing over and over again if there has been no changes your end.

Note, I am pretty certain, just like myself, many people wouldn't accept the 'fiddle' as a solution. 

Here's an idea for the team. Go get some cameras, add a subscription and add cameras and rules etc - then cancel the subscription and you will have the same problem on your lab bench!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I was actually talking to the other user that is seeing this same behavior. However, we are still currently investigating the behavior you are seeing. 

arloessential12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had this same issue. I had subscription for a month. Then removed subscription. Started receiving notifications in standby mode.

Tried multiple things like - removing rules and camera from standby mode, logging out and log back in clearing all rules. Nothing worked.

I ended up removing all cameras and added them back which worked. 

SmashPalace
Tutor
Tutor

YEs, this is happening to me ever since I upgrade to the "new fandangled 🙄 stupid app"

PaulfMoore
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just read all these comments 

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

After my subscription expired I cannot put my indoor camera into sby mode.

Is it because of a subscription “penalty” or is there a glitch in the software?

colinbes
Apprentice
Apprentice

For me it happened after an update (way back) and at first I assumed an error but with poor response on issue and pretty much ignoring the issue I suspect it was by choice. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are investigating this with the development team, as soon as there is an update I will reach out to the community. 

colinbes
Apprentice
Apprentice

Awesome, happy to assist where I can when ready to test