Smoke Detector emergency in standby mode

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bicarbon
Follower
Follower

I posted the below but can't reply to that thread - is that a thing, not being able to reply to your own post?

Anyways, I have Arlo security system with the trial for safe and secure plan.

When a smoke detector is detected by the base station or by a sensor, is it possible to alert emergency responders in standby mode?

Currently this is not possible. I don't see that it could be that hard to add it as a feature - you can already do this in the other modes.

And if people didn't want it they could just not enable it, just like they can not enable it now in armed mode or home armed. 

What is the downside to having this option in standby mode?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bicarbon wrote:

When a smoke detector is detected by the base station or by a sensor, is it possible to alert emergency responders in standby mode?

Currently this is not possible. I don't see that it could be that hard to add it as a feature - you can already do this in the other modes.

And if people didn't want it they could just not enable it, just like they can not enable it now in armed mode or home armed. 

What is the downside to having this option in standby mode?

I don't see any downside to providing this as an option in Standby.  If Arlo adds back custom modes, then it wouldn't be a big deal.  But with only three modes available, many people need to re-purpose standby, and it would be useful for them to have the option to include emergency response.