Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

brad_lewis
Tutor
Tutor

When trying to set up geofenceing there is No devices listed under available devices, how ever under setting privacy settings there are three devices listed. How to I get them across?

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Is anyone still seeing the duplicate devices still? If so please send a screenshot of the devices that need to be removed as well as the the user id and a list of the devices that are needing removed. ( They can not be friends devices) Send all this information by dm. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

335 REPLIES 335
Rubal20
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same issue after the latest update. Was not happening in older version. Is it possible add ability for users to delete duplicate login via the app. 

jromero88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was the app update ever deployed? I am now seeing duplicate devices for geofencing purposes all the time. No matter when I delete them, they come back very quickly.  Help!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

As of today there is no update. However, I will have reach out to the development team and provide one as soon as possible. 

jromero88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please do. With this bug, geofencing doesn’t work properly. 

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

hi @BrookeN 

Today I received and have updated to this android app version 4.17.1_28710

What does it fix?  Does it fix the issue of duplicate iPhone devices?

Alex

Burdzysa
Star
Star

It seems as if the problem is getting worse... we would delete the duplicate device and it would reappear a few days later... now we delete it and the duplicate is back within 24 hours... this is getting ridiculous. Ive had arlo for over 5 years but this issue is really making me consider going to a different system. 

DNazzaro1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem, have spent hours on the phone with support, no luck. I am looking at Xfinity cameras at this point, after being a Arlo customer for over 8 years I am not happy with this. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I do apologize for the frustration regarding the duplicate devices. The firmware release for the fix is close to rolling out

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

@BrookeN , could you share any rough schedule here?

Please also note that while "duplicate devices" is a weird behaviour that I agree would need to be fixed, the highest priority issue that MUST be fixed is the failing Arrive/Leave Automations (ie geofencing).

Alex

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

hi @BrookeN ,

I have just now received the update to the android app here.  This latest version is 4.18_28711

Is this version fixing what issues?

I am yet to test against the issues I am having here (ie geofencing NOT working, plus weird behaviour of duplicated iPhone devices) BUT ...

... "Setting >> Data Privacy >> Account >> Available geofence devices" keeps INCORRECTLY showing duplicated iPhone devices still.  They are back even after I have manually deleted ALL of these iPhone devices.

Kindly advise?

Alex

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@alex_loo did download the latest version? If you did not please do so. 

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

@BrookeN as said I have already downloaded and updated to this latest version.  geofencing yet to be tested, but at least the "duplicated iPhone device" issue is still there.  even worse, they are back even when I manually remove them.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Let me reach out to the development team. 

Burdzysa
Star
Star

Paying monthly for a system that is not functioning properly is not appropriate. If Arlo truly cares about its customers, it should provide a refund of monthly subscription fees since this has been an issue. When is the Apple/iPhone update with the duplicate device problem going to roll out? If there is no solution, I will cancel my subscription and purchase a different system.

jromero88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I may have fixed it. So, I had my Arlo account linked to my Google home… i decided to unlink the accounts and ever since I did that, the duplicate devices have not come back.

What I did was:

1. log off on all active sessions.

2. log back in. 

3. Unlink connected accounts.

4. Delete duplicate devices.

Just sharing what apparently worked for me.

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

hi @jromero88 ,

before your fix, how many users and devices did you have?  Which are android or iphones?  Which device(s) was duplicated?

Apologies so many questions here, but I have done all of your 4 steps many times, before my frustration still facing the "duplicate" issue (on top of other issues). So just wanna understand your configuration first.

Alex

jromero88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spoke too fast 😞

The duplicate device came back, it just took a couple days instead of minutes. I turned off “Private WiFi address” in my iPhone to see if that has to do anything with it. I will keep monitoring it.

BTW, I only have two devices. 2 iphones. One is the main account and the other is an authorized user. 

jromero88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I upgraded to the new app release (4.19) and the issue went away. So far, 3 days with no issues. 

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

@BrookeN wrote:

Let me reach out to the development team. 

hi @BrookeN , so I have seen and upgraded to this 4.19_28720, on my android.

1.  Is there a similar 4.19 for iPhone?

2. What issues is this 4.19 fixing?

Alex

NotABigFan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a mix of Arlo cameras and I cannot delete old geofence devices.  I have a number of obsolete devices and some that I do not recognize or that have ambiguous names (“iPhone”) that need to be purged.  This is a *serious* security loophole.  I have tried the suggestions under the [Solved] posts without success. This issue is NOT solved. I work in IT. I have drilled into every menu option for both the IOS and Web clients, without luck.

Any suggestions or do I just need to delete my Arlo account, wipe all the devices and start from scratch?  This seems to have been a problem for years.  Note- I have no sub accounts, I am admin and the only user.  Thanks!!

seddaa
Aspirant
Aspirant

how can I remove a friend from geofencing on an iphone. Removing the friend, adding back only make another iphone. This has been a problem for years now and I have 7 iphones for my wife.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There will be a 4.19 for iPhone yes. 

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

@BrookeN wrote:

There will be a 4.19 for iPhone yes. 

so ...

- what does 4.19 for iPhone fix?

- what does 4.19 for android fix?

Am1212
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the exact same problem for years.  I tried to resolve this with Arlo without success.  Back then it may have been a novel issue.  It is not now.  This just reoccurred with another update and has hijacked the functioning of geofencing with my wife showing she has 3 devices.  

I had just placed a significant order of new hardware before this update rein-flamed this issue.  I have to say, resolving this yet again (we’re rarely in the same place at the same time and have many cameras) is a giant PIA and I think I’ll just return the hardware when it arrives and abandon Arlo. 

It’s unacceptable that Arlo cannot resolve this issue in some way in over 2 years of problems.  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you please check to see if you can now delete the duplicate devices. Try deleting them and then logging out and logging back in and see if the devices are gone.