Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issues with Access Sensor not working. Door Open Sensor Function

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BigBrother
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have four sensors that will not detect the magnetic door access changes. (One of my 5 sensors is completely dead, another story)
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I get no sensor readings other than CLOSED.
I have enabled Access on each device but when I move the magnet away from the sensor there is no change registered. I have examined all the settings and all the help docs. This does not seems to work. 

ALSO, When you go into the access enable page and turn on ENABLE and Chirp, then exit the Access option page, then go back into the Access Enable Option page > Chirp is off. There is no way to turn on Chirp. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BigBrother
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unplugged/plugged the keypad and  that fixed it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hmmm... Dunno what to say about the door always closed issue. Is the sensor mounted right side up? I don't think I ever checked but is it possible there's a right side up on the magnet (I never noticed that to be the case)? My magnet is to the left of the sensor, if that makes a difference.

I checked my sensor settings and chirp is on and stays on. Maybe a removal and new setup is needed? Have you tried resetting the sensor?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062968/How-do-I-factory-reset-the-Arlo-All-in-One-Sensor

BigBrother
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unplugged/plugged the keypad and  that fixed it.