Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot share cameras with new App install.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BigBrother
Apprentice
Apprentice

I realize this is a massive update. There are many issues. I suggest no one update to the new app until they are resolved because it breaks many extremely important features. 
1. Shared camera feature is now broken. Prove me wrong. 
I bought my mom an Arlo system so I can help watch over her house. She lives alone. The three shared cameras that I use to watch her house and make sure she does not have a medical emergency without being seen, those camera are no longer sharing. 
I have a rental property that has a shared camera with its own account, that camera share is gone. That account was updated as well to the new app. No shared cameras. 
Now these important tools I have to keep my family and property safe are disabled. I would have never updated had I known that these features were going to break. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sharing with the new app requires some steps:

1) Everyone has the same version app.

2) Everyone has the same interface (the app supports the old and new interfaces). If needed, everyone should use Add Device to "add" either a Pro 5 camera or the security system - it doesn't matter which one nor does it matter that you actually don't have either one. This will cause the various accounts to all migrate to the new interface before doing anything else. When the migration is finished, cancel the installation. You may as well do this now since it will be forced at some point.

Note that you'll need to set up modes, etc. since your existing modes don't transfer over to the new interface. And, yes, there are only 3 modes available with no option (yet?) to add more.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ecl0009
Initiate
Initiate

Bump because this is a major issue for us. We have a rental property, but also help to keep an eye on each of our parents’ homes. 

We’ve tried, restarting cameras, accepting links on desktop, phone web, etc. nothing works. This is DEEPLY frustrating. We have essentials, flood lights, pro cams, the whole gambit and none of them can be shared with someone who has the new app and did not have the app downloaded previously. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sharing with the new app requires some steps:

1) Everyone has the same version app.

2) Everyone has the same interface (the app supports the old and new interfaces). If needed, everyone should use Add Device to "add" either a Pro 5 camera or the security system - it doesn't matter which one nor does it matter that you actually don't have either one. This will cause the various accounts to all migrate to the new interface before doing anything else. When the migration is finished, cancel the installation. You may as well do this now since it will be forced at some point.

Note that you'll need to set up modes, etc. since your existing modes don't transfer over to the new interface. And, yes, there are only 3 modes available with no option (yet?) to add more.