How to switch from 3-month trial to plan already purchased

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
hadfield
Tutor
Tutor

I purchased an Arlo Essential Spotlight camera on or about 17 May and immediately purchased a Smart Single-Camera subscription. I then set up the camera and discovered that it had a 3-month trial. (From other posts on this forum I see that I am not the only person to make this mistake.) I decided that at 4.99 NZD per month it wasn't worth cancelling the subscription during the trial. The trial is now near its end and I want to move the camera to the subscription (which I have just upgraded to a Secure Single-Camera plan). How do I do this? There is a Manage Cameras dialog which advises me to "Drag a camera here to include it in your plan" but my attempts to drag the camera have no effect on a Windows PC (Firefox or Chrome) or on the mobile app. An enquiry via Live (sic) Chat two days ago has produced an email with a case number but no other response so far. Surely it can't be very hard but I need a human to tell me how.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hadfield wrote:

There is a Manage Cameras dialog which advises me to "Drag a camera here to include it in your plan" but my attempts to drag the camera have no effect on a Windows PC (Firefox or Chrome) or on the mobile app. 

Cancel the trial, and that will put your camera into the "no plan" list.  Then you can drag the camera to your paid plan.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hadfield wrote:

There is a Manage Cameras dialog which advises me to "Drag a camera here to include it in your plan" but my attempts to drag the camera have no effect on a Windows PC (Firefox or Chrome) or on the mobile app. 

Cancel the trial, and that will put your camera into the "no plan" list.  Then you can drag the camera to your paid plan.

hadfield
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you. Such a simple solution, but nothing I read from Arlo gave me confidence that this would work.

hadfield
Tutor
Tutor

Actually, a slight correction: cancelling the trial caused my camera to move immediately to the existing subscription. I didn't have to drag it.