Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
Arlouser304
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo secure app badge notifications are not resetting. As mentioned in previous posts going back to 2019 this remains unsolved. Wasted a lot of money on Arlo and I’m done with it. They do not listen their users and it shows more than ever with this issue. If you are reading this and don’t own Arlo yet, look elsewhere. Their products and services are terrible. It’s unfortunate it got to this point. This company could care less about making sure notifications work which mind you is important with any security system or product. 

#https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Badge-Notifications-STiLL-Note-Resetting/m-p/1868666

#https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Badge-Notifications-Not-Resetting-AGAIN/m-p/1766704

#https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Badge-Notifications-not-resetting-again/m-p/1848498

#https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra-2/Badge-notification-does-not-reset/m-p/1868487

#https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Notifications-badges/m-p/1853487

#https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Arlo-Notification-Badge-showing-incorrect-number-on-iOS/m-p...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud fix was released today that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing inaccurate badge notifications.

JamesC

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is actively investigating reports of this issue and working on a resolution. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information available to share.

JamesC

WiuFan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Figured the new app would fix this issue. Nope. 

D82
Initiate
Initiate

I agree. How do you release a huge update to the app. Yet every time I get a notification it goes back to showing me I have 14000 badge notifications. Extremely frustrating. 

Arlouser304
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC I know this not necessarily your fault but precanned comments will no longer suffice in this situation. The best thing the Arlo community can do now is keep being persistent and go public about the negligence of Arlo as a company. It literally is summed to scamming and theft for selling products that don’t function properly and the company does not back them up with providing support. The BBB needs to get involved and this needs to be shared on social media for awareness as it seems Arlo likes to shut this community down by marking things as solved when they are not. Until Arlo takes responsibility by fixing their products, the community will continue to speak up.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlouser304,

The symptoms associated with this issue have been intermittent. There have been versions of the app that did not experience this issue in the past, so some conversations here in the community may be closed depending on when they were opened.

That being said, there are new tickets opened internally with the dev team highlighting these recent reports of the inaccurate badge notification issue. Once I have more information to share with community, I will post another update.

JamesC

Mjd496
Tutor
Tutor

This is strange.  I’ve had Arlo cameras for three years but only saw this crop up recently.  Was happening with the old app and continues now with the new app I just updated to.  Only change on my side is updated iOS version on my iPhone 12 ProMax.  Would really like this to work as it originally did, though I treat any number on the badge notifications as meaning “1” and just check the recordings.  Not a showstopper, but admittedly irritating for a security app.

rmonio
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issues, but have realized that it is just as easy for me to look at the cameras and see what is there.  It is a nuisance, yes, but liveable.  You can always shut it off in notifications.

rmonio
Tutor
Tutor

Latest release of the Arlo App (4.0.2) on AppStore seems to have cleared it up for me (available today - 12-10).  I suggest those who are having issues to download it for iOS and see what their results are.

Jaytdy
Tutor
Tutor

Not for me; I was hopeful the new version would clean things up, but still ha fin the same issues; now my count is up to 3100 and climbing.

rmonio
Tutor
Tutor

Unfortunate to hear that.   Mine was coming back again for a bit, but has stopped.  Not a consistent behavior that would help illustrate where the issue is coming from.  What OS are you on?

Jaytdy
Tutor
Tutor

I’m on the latest release 4.0.2 ——-as I said, I was hopeful it would fix the problem but it didn’t.   I turned off notifications on ARLO because my OCD can not tolerate 3,100 notifications on the iPhone screen. 😩

firetitan
Star
Star

Hi James

After many years of owning arlo products this is the first time ever I have ever had this issue .

Must be an issue with the new Arlo Secure app 14,300 alerts now and it’s been two weeks now .

Raised a support call , they said they would get back to me in 24 hours , no such luck.

iPhone 13 pro max 

arlo Pro 2 and 3

3 hubs 

11 cameras 

latest Arlo secure version

what is strange is that my friend has the same app, hardware , just a different iPhone X and he doesn’t have the issue 

Please let us know an estimated ETA for the fix that would be great 

thanks 

GregStork
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue since a couple of weeks. 
hope you solve it soon. 
iPhone 14 pro

latest iOS version and app version. 

rmonio
Tutor
Tutor

Odd behavior for sure.  I see it intermittently - worse so on my iPad (if that makes a difference).  

I’m sure they will get it fixed.

Jaytdy
Tutor
Tutor

Good news AND bad news!   My 3100+ count finally reset this am to about 61;  however,  it’s up to 77 and climbing…… it will not reset to “Zero” 

iPhone Pro 13, latest IOS and latest ARLO Secure app 4.0.2

Obviously something changed, but still needs a bit of work.

shkang81
Tutor
Tutor

Same here. It was working fine but started a month ago and I’m getting 100+ badges and keeps coming back after I clear them. It’s extremely annoying, but don’t want to completely turn off the notification since that will defeat the purpose. Hope it gets fixed soon. 

Mjd496
Tutor
Tutor

Mine seems to have gotten better.  Not seeing thousands (+8000) badge notification for the past few days.  On version 4.0.2 (5309) updated 12/6/22.

rays13
Guide
Guide

Having the same problem, contacted Arlo but they still haven’t bothered to reply. Anyone found a solution that fixes problem yet ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rays13 wrote:

Anyone found a solution that fixes problem yet ?

There is no workaround, you just need to wait for Arlo to fix it.

rmonio
Tutor
Tutor

I’m going to wait it out.  It IS getting better and I’m sure the synchronization of Cloud/BaseStation (combination or alone) can be a bit challenging.  I’m sure it will get fixed.

Right now I’d be happy to have Arlo sell a heater to keep the units usable below 10 degrees F.    :-).  It’s cold up here in Minnesota!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

-Bob

firetitan
Star
Star

Yes , I have an iphone I just tuned notifications. Off 😄

You still get the push notification but the arlo secure icon does not update the counter anymore 

what’s funny is I turned it back on the other day and now I don’t get any counter updates at all , go figure !!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud fix was released today that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing inaccurate badge notifications.

JamesC

WiuFan
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked for a day and now it’s back to repeating notifications. Bummer, I was hoping it was fixed. 

Mjd496
Tutor
Tutor

Mine is still functioning better.