Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

I recently updated to the latest Arlo Secure app (4.9.1) and also added the new doorbell to my existing camera setup. When I try to set up an automation (Arrive/Leave) I am only given the option to set up "Arrive". As a result I cannot advantage of the geofencing feature to arm/disarm my system when I leave/return. Any ideas on how to remedy this issue? 

35 REPLIES 35
sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@sdalext70 Do you have your device(s) listed as a trusted device? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sharing doesn't affect geofencing. WHat I was asking for in a screenshot was of the screen after you clicked on Anyone Arrives which looks similar to the attached screenshot.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 10.08.07 AM.png
sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I do

sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

Understood. Please see attached. I think this what you are referencing.... IMG_3370.jpeg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No idea how that is totally blank. Which app are you using - Android or iOS?

sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

I have an iPhone so iOS. When I spoke to the engineering team, they mentioned that a few other customers reported the same issue back in September. They have supposedly fixed the issue on the back end and so they are bemused that I am still having issues.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm thinking it is an iOS app issue. Can you temporarily install the Android app on a friend's phone for testing and then delete it?

MikeM317
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't know anyone with a Android phone. 

sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

My Spouse has an android so I can try that. Thanks for the suggestion.

sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

Hi there - Good news! Issue has been fixed. I assume that it was done on the back end, but I checked the automations today and I was able to add the leave function! 🙂 Thank you again for your help!!