Automations help setting up geofencing

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

I recently updated to the latest Arlo Secure app (4.9.1) and also added the new doorbell to my existing camera setup. When I try to set up an automation (Arrive/Leave) I am only given the option to set up "Arrive". As a result I cannot advantage of the geofencing feature to arm/disarm my system when I leave/return. Any ideas on how to remedy this issue? 

35 REPLIES 35
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Geofencing (and schedules) are split into 2 now. You need to create one for leaving and then another one for returning (same idea for the schedule).

sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

Jguerdat - thanks for the response/recommendation.  I have tried that, but it only gives the option to "arrive" and not leave. I currently have an automation set to "arrive" (switches from Arm Away mode to Arm Home) , but I cannot do the reverse. Shouldn't there be an option that says "anyone leaves" or am I missing something?  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tried it myself and now see the same thing - no Leave available. I even tried creating a new Arrive to see if then a Leave option showed but - nope. That's on the Android app.

I'll tag the mods here but that won't help till Monday. In the meantime, use Settings, Support to choose your camera model. Scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support to raise the issue for ()hopefully) a faster response.

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN 

sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks! Appreciate it. I did reach out to tech support (via chat) but got nowhere. I will try again though. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Phone support should be available since chat got you nowhere.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback. I have provided this to the team and I will report back as soon as possible. 

sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you! Appreciate the follow up.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@sdalext70 

You are welcome.

I had a question for you, did you have this setup previously and was the labeling different from what you see now in the arrive/leave? 

MikeM317
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. When trying to set up GeoFencing the only device it sees is iPad. I updated my trusted devices to include my iPhone that I use the app with, but it doesn't show up. Please figure this out!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @sdalext70 

Note: When setting up an Arrive/Leave automation please make sure you have your desired name & address selected in the Location tab by selecting Edit location.

When setting up the automation for the Arrive/Leave, you will need to set it up in two parts. You will have to create One automation for Arrive via the (+) sign in the top right > Select Arrive/Leave > Under the Arrive selection > Anyone Arrives > Select the desired devices under the People arrive section > Scroll down click save > Select the Action under Arrive or leave > When specific people or the selected device > Then: Add action > Select desired action > Save.

Repeat these steps to create the Leave automation.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and I will be here to assist you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@sdalext70 - Just popping in to basically say the same thing. The key is to click on Anyone Arrives and then choose one of the options under People Leave. That sets up the Leave automation. I don't recall if it's always been this way (I set mine up when the migration was first available) - I thought there was a top level choice for Arrive and Leave rather than this process. 

sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

Hi - I had arrive/leave set up in the previous app. When I updated the app I had to add it add it again, but alas wasn't able to (per my inquiry). Make sense?

sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the information. I just ran through the setup that you recommended. When I click on "anyone arrives" to set the specific person, "No devices" shows up on the next screen. Is that perhaps the issue? If so, how do I remedy? 

sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks. I ran through that and discovered that its not recognizing any devices. I.e.

Edit Geofence> When> Anyone Arrives> NO DEVICES

Perhaps this explains why I cannot add LEAVE in automations? If so, how do I remedy? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That does seem to be likely. Have you contacted official support about this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@sdalext70 wrote:

Thanks. I ran through that and discovered that its not recognizing any devices. I.e.

Edit Geofence> When> Anyone Arrives> NO DEVICES

Perhaps this explains why I cannot add LEAVE in automations? If so, how do I remedy? 

Can you see any devices listed in the Specific People area? A screenshot may be useful.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have the granted access user(s) added to your account via these steps?: https://kb.arlo.com/000062933

sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I did contact official support but keep responding on how to set up geofencing.

sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

I don't believe so,  but perhaps you can guide me on how to get to that spot in the app (want to confirm I am looking at the right place). 

sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

Are you suggesting that I add myself or another user? Currently I am on the only user, however, I could invite my spouse as another user if that helps? Perhaps the below screenshot will help you understand what I am seeing....

IMG_3369.png

sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

IMG_3369.PNG

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@sdalext70 Let me look in to this further and I will update you as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@sdalext70

If you select Specific People arrive bubble, does a device populate?

sdalext70
Tutor
Tutor

In the "arrive" automation I have set up currently, this is what I see: 

IMG_3370.jpeg