Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Secure - cannot subscribe website and support giving me the run around....

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Gorvea
Tutor
Tutor

Had my Arlo Ultra 2 (4 x cameras) Arlo doorbell for a week now and cannot get any sort of recordings, I have tried buying a subscription but either get errors or a website runaround asking me to log in, then buy then page not found. Tech support was not sympathetic and fobbed me off so I raised a complaint, Chap was helpful but unable to resolve issues. 

IF I just know where the problem lay, I have tried a VPN to alter my IP but all to no avail. I even got my account deleted and started from scratch.... Starting to lose patience - next visit is Trading Standards and a flamed review on Amazon and facebook - this isn't the product or the company I wanted to buy into - my second Alro (starting with the Pro) and my last!

27 REPLIES 27
Gorvea
Tutor
Tutor

I agree, its just an admin issue but has persisted as such for ages now... I was at first furious, then disappointed and frustrated - now I'm just resigned to this type of discriminatory practice from US companies...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gorvea wrote:

now I'm just resigned to this type of discriminatory practice from US companies...

FWIW, people in US territories (like Puerto Rico) also can't get subscriptions.

Not sure if the issue with Jersey is purely administrative - relevant law does vary by country, which is why Arlo doesn't offer subscriptions everywhere.  Reviewing the relevant laws likely involves a fair amount of work/expense (and might require contracting with local counsel).  Whatever the reason, I certainly get the frustration.

Builder01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, did you ever manage to get this sorted?

I’ve just bought 3no pro4’s and can’t seem to subscribe- also in Jersey!

Had a nightmare with an expensive Nest camera failing, Nest/ Google refused to recognise Jersey to ship a warranty replacement to.

Thought I’d try Arlo after reading reviews - and now I can’t use them properly!