Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

Prior to updating our phones to iOS 11.3 all functions including the push to talk feature through the camera’s speaker were working properly. I had updated my phone yesterday but had not tried the Arlo app until today. When my wife got home today we tried the app on her phone and the push to talk feature worked properly. We then updated her phone to 11.3 and tried the app afterwards. All the icons are present and we get the push button icon but it no longer functions to get any sound through the camera speaker. I used the chat function here to notify Netgear and I posted a review on the Apple App Store that the update causes a problem with this function. 

187 REPLIES 187
LiCi
Apprentice
Apprentice

2 way talking has been working fine in the past. Today i tried to play around and it no longer working. When viewing live feed, i can hear the noise from the camera but once i tried to speak (using that hold to speak), nothing coming out. It is just plain blank background.

Yes before you asked, App is having permission to Mic. I suspect this is due to recent update be it version 2.4.7 or 2.4.8. Please fix it!!!

bikegear
Luminary
Luminary
Thanks for mentioning the beta. I was thinking about installing that to see if it changed anything. I won’t bother now. I also tried posting Netgear’s contact phone numbers by spelling the words out instead of numerals. But the forum must be programmed to catch numbers in any form and the post gets deleted. But for anyone running into this please report this. They have chat support as well as a phone number to use.
bikegear
Luminary
Luminary
bikegear
Luminary
Luminary
I tried posting that link that was from the contact page that has a phone number at the bottom of the page but I just tried that link and it didn’t work. This forum is very difficult to post and navigate from my iPad. Anyway, either a chat or phone call will help get them to work on a solution.
adraper12
Star
Star
I started me own ticket on the issue.
Birdwatch
Guide
Guide

Same issue here...  Recent update now mic is not working.  I tried it on my wifes phone with older version and it works and YES I tried uninstalling and reinstalling app NO GOOD!!  I'm tierd of arlo first the geofencing now the mic.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

For android, version 2.4.10_20077 is out. Talking with the mic in live view mode works fine for me. If you don't have 2.4.10 give that a try. If you do I'm not sure why it doesn't work for some. My first guess is the distance that the cameras are from the base, but that's just a guess. Mine are all within 20-25 feet on the base.

Linda24
Guide
Guide

ive had this problem since before the Osi update =(

rotary74
Tutor
Tutor

PTT was working last week now it doesn't work, only have one way communication. I select the camera that I want to PTT on and I can hear the noise in the background which is good but when I press on the MIC to talk they can't hear me on the other end. I can hear them perfectly fine its just when I try to talk on the MIC it's feels like the MIC is muted. I check all my settings on my iphone and the cameras itself which are correct. Arlo app version is 2.4.8 and iOS is 11.3 I have try uninstalling and reinstalling the app which does nothing. 

Boomhauer74
Initiate
Initiate

I'm in the same boat. If I use a web browser from my laptop, it works fine. But from my phone app, no luck. It worked for me last week; I don't know what's changed. Tried removing/reinstalling the app, rebooting the phone, and rebooting the base station, to no avail.

LiCi
Apprentice
Apprentice

There is no version 2.4.10 for iOS users. We only have update to 2.4.8 and as of now, the 2 way talking is not working.

Need Arlo to fix this.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

There are other posts here with the same issue and the common theme seems to be the iOS app. The web and android app seem to work fine. Hopefully arlo will fix the iOS app soon.

Justinsweeney
Tutor
Tutor

The same issue, works for Mac OS X and on iPad Air with same iOS as iPhone 8. But iPhone 8 won’t work.

rotary74
Tutor
Tutor

I think the issue is that iOS v 11.3 which is the lastest is the case of this. I did a test last night with my phone and my wife's phone which is running iOS v11.2 and it works the great with her phone. My still doesn't work it somehow mutes the MIC when you press on the MIC icon. I told her not to update her phone for now until apple releases another firmware update and don't know when that will happen. 

rotary74
Tutor
Tutor

I started having this issue when I updated to iOS v11.3 and my wife's phone is v 11.2 which works great and told her not to update her firmware. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic to engineering and it is currently being investigated. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

bikegear
Luminary
Luminary
Thank you for your effort. I also received an email from one of your support staff who was able to replicate the issue on her device after updating it to 11.3. Looking forward to a resolution.
Justinsweeney
Tutor
Tutor
Ok but I have one ios 11.3 working and not the other. Both brand new installation of the app as I just bought the arlo yesterday
Rpb-Bush
Initiate
Initiate
Hi all, want to report an issue with the mic not working when trying to communicate with an iPhone. With the last updates to either the iOS or Arlo app when I go to use the mic to complete the 2 way talk nothing comes through. Please note I have completed all steps to trouble shoot this. My mic is turned on so access can be allowed through the Arlo app. If others are seeing the issue let me know and can work on escalating the issue. Thank you
dbyer
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are having the same issue. Two way talk feature is not working. Have deleted and reinstalled the app....no change
aoca2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

This issue is due to the latest iphone update and an incompatibility issue with the arlo app. In another post about the same issue the forum modertor said the issue has been excalated to the arlo engineers.

sellernewyork
Guide
Guide
I having the same issue. On my android it’s working but on my iPhone with the 11.3 update no sound comes out of the speaker when I use push to talk.
adraper12
Star
Star
Contact arlo support and let them know so they can get a fix
sellernewyork
Guide
Guide
They need to release an updated IOS version to fix it.