Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlodog6578
Star
Star
  1.  Today I’ve noticed when I go to my Arlo Q library the clips show at the right length. 20 seconds, 15 seconds they show the right length in the library. When I open up the Clips to view the clip it says that the clip is one hour and 46 minutes long. When you play back the clip it only has the correct amount of time 20 or whatever length and may be in the library view. After the action finishe the image freezes and the video keeps playing.  This has started today and it happens with every single clip.  The cameras also failed to pick up some events today. Not sure if that’s related or not. Is anyone else having an issue?  I’ve got the latest iOS update.
267 REPLIES 267
Myles1991
Guide
Guide
For about or month or more now the video clips from one of my cameras has started glitching. The video lengths usually show it to be multiple hours in length. I have it set to 60sec record on motion but the clips are anywhere from 3 to 7 hours long. Usually the video skips or glitches at the 10-15 second point so you can’t watch the whole thing anyway. Anyone else have this issue or a fix? Is my camera broken?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The time counter is messed up... Netgear is working on a fix.

But usu it does not effect the video, it will play to the normal end of set time and then stop.  ( may read 1 hour for a 30 sec video, but will really play the 30 secs only )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Dustydog
Tutor
Tutor

I was promised by support that this issue would be resolved in the first week of April.  NOT RESOLVED!  And we are stuck with this system out of return window with no course of action to take but wait!

redking79
Star
Star

@Maximus_0wrote:

Guys, seriously, read my comment. Remove the zone, restart your device. It worked for me!

It's not fixed.  I have no zones in for my camera and it's still not working like before.

Maximus_0
Aspirant
Aspirant

maybe try creating a zone and then removing it. also try different resolutions and capture sesitivity.

redking79
Star
Star

Use your credit card's purchase protection or extended warranty/returns to return the non functioning Arlo Q and get your hard earned money back.

Post your thoughts on Netgear's social media sites to warn others.

redking79
Star
Star

So I'm supposed to follow a completely random procedure to get my Arlo camera to work... ????

Mack1359
Apprentice
Apprentice

None of these solutions work.  I've tried adding a zone.  Removing a zone. Restarting the camera. Changing the resolution etc. etc.  Arlo say its a problem at their side and it will be fixed "whenever". I think this is week six of the cameras showing times like 4 hours in a 2 min clip.  Arlo doesn't care (clearly) and all this nonsense of "engineering is working on it" for six weeks is a joke. I've watched FAR more complex things get fixed in a fraction of the time. The fact that Arlo has not put out an official apology or statement tells you everything you need to know about this joke of a company.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

My Q cam has been working fine for over 2 yrs now

bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

Ours has worked perfectly until Apple released iOS 11.3 which killed push to talk only. Everything else works without issue. Not sure I can blame them for an Apple update that messed up the function of the app. The camera is great and from what I can tell one of the best choices available going by all the reviews I’ve read through of this and other camera manufacturers. 

unclev
Star
Star

Correct, The issue is NOT rectified. Maybe they will figure it out by June..............LOL

idark77
Star
Star

The issue with Arlo Q and Q Plus is not solved. This company has no idea about security and they destroyed a very good camera (good until end of February). 

I will release negative feedback in the next days on ecommerce sites and on social networks. 

I suggest to their engineer that they should change job asap. That is totally unaccetable. 

cmoon
Guide
Guide

Maybe Netgear just wants out! Certainly feels like it.

Like everyone else, I’m tired of playing with the settings and restarting my cameras. The system worked perfectly until six weeks ago and now it’s totally useless as a security monitor. Why can’t they apply roll-back to the service we previously enjoyed?

My contact with Netgear has proved fruitless. They just say they hope that I will regain confidence, like a miracle is about to happen.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Short term glich.... Netgear is working on it.

Just like Apple phones, new ones always have issues, that's why they update the FW on a reg basis

redking79
Star
Star

@TomMac

Do you work for Netgear or something, because I'd love to know your definition of "short term".  If a security camera is used to monitor someone's property or welfare, then six weeks of inoperablility is unacceptable.

Mack1359
Apprentice
Apprentice

I finally gave up today.  I contacted Amazon and even though my order is 11 months old I explained that Arlo broke the cameras six weeks ago and have not fixed it in all that time. Also told them that Arlo has no ETA on a fix. Amazon was AMAZED at such bad service and instantly offered to create a return label for me so I can send the product back for a refund. No more Arlo for me.  The last six weeks has been stressful and I'm glad I'm free of Arlo now. I will look at a better product and will spend some time warning others not to make the same mistake I did !!

WMJIII
Star
Star
After seeing the Amazon return post, I called Amazon ... but got a completely different answer. No return possible after the 30 day window.
Mack1359
Apprentice
Apprentice

I did not call them but used the online chat. I've always found them a little more flexible.

I got the same initial 30 day rejection.

Explain to Amazon that although your order is outside 30 days Arlo only broke the systems 6 weeks ago.

They have no idea when they might be fixed and the system has a 12 month manufacturer warranty and you've been sent back to Amazon to resolve as Arlo won't do refunds or returns directly.

They asked me wait a moment and after about 2 mins the chat rep came back with a returns label for me! 

Don't give up!

idark77
Star
Star

1) 6 weeks -> It’s not short term glitch, we are speaking about security and no about bananas.  

2) Apple phones = iPhones -> they work great and if there is a bug Apple fixes it in a very short time. 

3) If they need more than 6 weeks to fix a bug introduced by their same update then  they should change job. 

P.S. Please Netgear do not pay people to post in this forum but pay good engineers to resolve bug, issues and to design very good electronics. 

cmoon
Guide
Guide

Just as I thought things were getting better with two of my three cameras apparently recording correctly the problem has reappeared on them all. How much longer Netgear ?

WMJIII
Star
Star
Arlo, how much longer? I’ve removed zones, rebooted Arlo Q, changed from fixed length recording to motion based recording ... and still a mess! Recordings are expanding to over 3 hours for viewing! Audio stops while motion continues! Video clips stop during motion and shows a frozen picture and no audio ! A very unreliable usable security surveillance solution! I’ve looked for a firmware update many times ... none available! Probable none needed since it is in Netgear Arlo cloud systems! Fix it or at the very least communicate with your user base Netgear / Arlo. I have posted comments on Amazon only to have them not make public ... why Netgear? What a waste!
Wirelezz
Apprentice
Apprentice
@WMJIII wrote:
I have posted comments on Amazon only to have them not make public ... why Netgear? What a waste!

Are you serious? Now even Amazon is conspiring with Netgear/Arlo by censoring legitimate negative reviews on this second rate product to prevent negative impact on their bottom line?

Nethalite
Apprentice
Apprentice
I wish there was a way to roll back the arlo app before the 16x zoom was implemented. It was working fine for me now these updates are getting scary that it would render your camera to not work. Still having only 10-15 recording and every thing else after that is frozen. I would wonder about the people who paid for subscription if having any effect on their continuous recording and what not.
Mack1359
Apprentice
Apprentice

Isn't it amazing how we've all had this problem for over 7 weeks now and not a SINGLE official update on this page or their main home page from senior staff at Arlo/Netgear.  Quite simply they don't care and I will be amazed if a fix ever comes out. I don't believe that they've been working on a patch for 7 weeks. I can't think of any other tech company who's broken their own products and taken 7 weeks(and who knows how many more weeks) without a fix. In my opinion they've just moved on and are working on other things and will end of life this product and let everyone go bite the cost. I'm amazed very few of the tech sites have not carried this as a main story.  Would make a good headline "Security company breaks cameras leaving customers vulnerable and after 7 weeks have no sign of a solution".