Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Zoning to maximize motion detection

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SoCalRC51
Aspirant
Aspirant

arlo front.png

I have my camera pointing down on the lawn and driveway but the only motion it picks up is right underneath the camera (orange area) when I walk by it. It doesn't pick up any activities even when I drive up to garage or when I pull my car out from garage. How do I maximize the motion detection to capture movements?

The camera is currently mounted on right side of the facia on the roof and pointing to left. And it's about 7-8ft from the ground.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SoCalRC51
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did. Turned out it's an issue with hardware. Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First of all, i think you have a PRO camera not a GO... the PRO camera has zones as it detects motion by pixel change.

I would lower the angle and aim a bit more to the driveway ( eliminate the roadway ).

The PRO usu has very good response to motion... if you have set up zones then the zones areas would be use, not the entire field of view.

If your not sure what settings you have, I would RESET the camera ( hold reset for ten sec till the led flashes ) and set up agin as new...this will put all at default

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That would be a Q camera, not a Pro. Only the Q cameras have zones, not the Pro.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Tks for the correction...Q camera is what I meant of course 

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I knew that you knew that I knew that you knew that...

SoCalRC51
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's an Arlo Pro that I have. Now the problem continues. My camera doesn't pick up motion at all anymore. I even tried the motion detection mode and when I'm moving right in front of the camera, the yellow light doesn't even turn on. I tried taking the battery out, resync the camera with base, even rebooted my base and it still doesn't work.

Help please?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

SoCalRC51
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did. Turned out it's an issue with hardware. Thanks.