Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Real live steaming and communication

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
yesenia
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi

Arlog Q has a live feature that unfortunately arrives for a streaming detour via the cloud and buffering delayed at the receiver, and therefore can not be used for live communication and can be no question of real live images.

My suggestion is to modify or optionally extend the live streaming that the packets are sent directly to the recipient.

Something technical is formulated that the UDP package will be sent directly to the receiver via the "cloud" without detours and buffering.

Consequences with regard to recording option whether now recording in the cloud by streamsplitting or then at the receiver or not at all, and in the playback quality surely go along with, but should not be nogo for a real live streaming.

I hope very much that this improvement comes and my suggestion is understandable despite my imperfect English

thanks and regards

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just for info... the Q camera is very similar to the Arlo Baby and they do something like this in the Arlo Baby...direct streaming to a device on the same network .

In my experience with IOS, the delay or lag is very short about a second. It does make for a very good response.

Maybe in the future, this FW will migrate over to the Q cameras to lessen the lag issue you see.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
yesenia
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks

I read this

But we need the possibility for communication mostly outside of the wifi network.

In the wifi network we could also walk 😉