Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Streaming Service Down

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
ensanguined
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Arlo Q refuses to allow me to live stream the feed (pressing the Live icon on the image), popping up this error:

"We are sorry, the streaming service is currently down. Please try again."

Also, it does not record movement (i.e. no motion detection is occurring).

I have reset/switched it off at least 5 times and tried to live view on 3 different PCs on different networks (each with 2 different browsers) and on 1 mobile device using the Android Arlo app.

Seems like the CVR is working fine though, so what the #### is going on?

Thanks.

28 REPLIES 28
SDoorjam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not on Optus.  It seems most of my problems were on 3/15.  It appears to be working fine now.  My case # is 28189860 and I did receive a response but restarting the camera is not an option.  This is at a remote site and it is installed in a high location (I didn't think I would have to touch it again).  I also can't place it closer to the router because it is in the position it needs to be in for video.  

pom_boy
Guide
Guide

Hi James

The case number is 28177539 and I have already asked for this to be escalated. The escalation request came with a lot of questions to be answered by me. I can answer some, but a couple need me to be at the remote location and I'm not there at the moment. 

pom_boy
Guide
Guide

I have provided all the answers requested in my open case.

James - have you seen the upload and download speeds I provided?

Are these a factor in the streaming performance?

The National Broadband Nectwork is now available on my area and I will definitely get an NBN package if this will help with streaming, principally because I plan to get another camera.

Incidentially, streaming has been working - or at least the error message is not popping up.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pom_boy,

The speed indicated in your case is 5.5 down / .6 up. While it may work, this will likely cause issues with streaming as an upload speed of at least 1 Mb is recommended. This requirement will scale up as you add more cameras.

JamesC