Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mrterry
Tutor
Tutor

I just got 2 new arlo Qs and trying to setup with my android (pixel 2 xl) and I cannot select a wifi SSID and i just see [<unknown ssid>]. 

arlo version 2.6.2_22800 latest version

-Tried hop on public wifi still cannot see it.

-turned off wifi and it ask me to be on wifi to add new cameras.

I used an iphone and I can manually edit SSIDs and password which is fine but kinda silly I cannot setup on android!

anyone know of a fix for this?

Screenshot_20181107-213501.png

55 REPLIES 55
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try a browser as suggested above?

Erez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I try with my desktop computer browser and it look like I can insert the SSID manually  but it's a desktop computer with no ability to scan the barcode .... Ill try today with a laptop to see if it's also working... 

Thank's
Erez
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Erez wrote:

Hi, I try with my desktop computer browser and it look like I can insert the SSID manually  but it's a desktop computer with no ability to scan the barcode .... Ill try today with a laptop to see if it's also working...

WHy can't you scan the QR code using a computer? It displays the QR code and you use the camera to scan it. What barcode are you referring to?

Erez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, but the problem is that the camera is mounted on the wall in a different floor from the desktop computer.

I'll try today to dismount the arlo from the wall and try to do it with the desktop computer...

This is disappointing that the company didn't made a fix for the application, I paid good money for the camera's...

Thanks 🙂

QueryString
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, try this: on your Android device WiFi settings - remove / delete / forget your connection. Reconnect and it will hopefully work.