Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
nixter3d
Apprentice
Apprentice

First time poster here.

I've been using three Arlo Q Plus Security Cameras for the past 3 years without any major problems.

Today the cameras auto-updated to the latest firmware, 1.10.1.0_154_d1c2e38, and I can no longer connect to them.

I've hard-reset them at least 10 times and I've tried connecting via Wifi and Ethernet cable, I've removed the cameras from my account and tried to add them again, but I always get stuck on the "No device detected page", both on the iOS app and on the website.

I have not changed a single thing in my network configuration between yesterday and today.

I am also able to ping the cameras.

Arlo, please advice what I should do next?

102 REPLIES 102
nicster
Tutor
Tutor

Same here. Lost night vision, now can't add the device.

Interestingly it is showing as attached to my network, I just can't add it within Arlo. Tried both the mobile app and browser.

nicster
Tutor
Tutor

Same 😡

Raj1978
Star
Star
If you are from uk I would say give this number a call 0800 970 3054 and get support ticket raised.
X1
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem, raised a support ticket

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

Same problem here.

2 ArloQ cameras restarted and updated/fixed firmware applied and night vision now OK but my third camera is now stuck on 'getting status' and will not connect on the main screen.

How are Arlo going to fix this remotely ?

I've restarted the camera numerous times so it has some form of connection. I'm reluctant to 'remove' and try to reinstall based on the above failures.

Raj1978
Star
Star
https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Q-Q-VMC3040-1-10-1-0-154-d1c2e38-24th-Nove...
This is the culprit. They say it’s a bug fix but they in fact released a major bug
linxeye
Star
Star

"If i am unable to connect them to the internet... how can i ever downgrade the firmware... "

In fact despite the app being unable to add new Q/Q+, they do connect fine. You can see that in your router "connected devices". Best proof, before knowing about this whole mess I took out a brand new Q+ that was sitting around. It proceeded with FW upgrade (ligt blinking blue/amber) before being unable to be added to the app.

linxeye
Star
Star

Raised a support ticket. They are aware of the issue. But don't have ETA for a fix... It's not like it's a security device we might depend on after all.

Raj1978
Star
Star
It’s quite unfortunate really . I hope a hot fix is deployed soon.
David_UK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please can you provide an ETA, I mainly use this for safety purposes. Otherwise I need to replace it with something more reliable.

X1
Tutor
Tutor

This problem occurred after the last update.

With a representative of Netgear,

I tried the 30 Sec hard reset.

Trying to syncronize IOS and even android application.

Try from the website

try changing the SSID network

Try with another router

Change network for an open network without password

Try to bypass the QR code by syncronizing via wps

The day before the update, no problem for 1 year, the day of the update no longer works ... weird

your device cannot be found. nothing to do, then ..

Raj1978
Star
Star
Thanks for the update. I guess it’s all down to the Arlo to fix it.
KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

Odd how my 2 newer ArloQ recovered when they rolled out a fixed firmware to the night vision bug but my slightly older Q just refused to reconnect so no firmware rollback but will restart remotely but remains 'connecting' in one area and 'getting status' on another.

Just have to wait

Carlos_Espejo
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried searching for the cameras from the PC, from the app on mobile, connecting it by ethernet, by wifi and unfortunately I have not advanced anything.

I can only confirm that the camera when turned on asks the router for an IP address, that the router assigns it one, that it can be pinged smoothly and that there is a correct response.

Throughout the rest of the camera search process from the app there is not a single packet addressed to or from that IP address.

I can't do much more

nixter3d
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Carlos,

This is the exact same issue that I am experiencing. The camera receives an IP address via DHCP from the router, responds to pings, but other than that, remains non-responsive to the Arlo apps. 

Raj1978
Star
Star
Ah interesting! So the new cameras are working fine on the new firmware then .
jozsi
Initiate
Initiate

Same here. I've literally spent the whole day with every possible combination to get it working (I work in networking), and finally ended up here seeing it's not only me...

The device appears in the network as "arloq", I can ping it. But while looking for devices, I get:

- error 1120, reason: "Did not find any device Connected for ip x.x.x.x"

- error 2059, reason: "Device is offline."

Carlos_Espejo
Tutor
Tutor

I've made some progress but without too much success.

The camera, when it finishes booting and after viewing the image showing the WIFI network information, asks for an IP address to the router and immediately then starts sending requests, using the ARP protocol (uses its MAC address not the IP), to all LAN devices one by one starting with the address x.x.x.1 until  x.x.x.255 telling them that it is an Arlo device , ifs own MAC address and IP address. This process, for the 255 addresses, takes about 3.5 min. A longer time than the app spends to finish the search.

The problem is that ..... the camera receives no response at all.

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

I used my Android app to view my cameras.

Both the newer cameras were showing an almost black image, it was evening, and the older Q just wasn't connecting.

I restarted all 3. The ones showing the black image then showed the firmware update message whilst the older one would still not connect. So the second firmware update was a fix to the night vision/black image bug that was introduced a few hours earlier.

What I don't know is what stage the older Q is. Did the first update fail at some point and cannot recover. When I get to the house with that Q later, I'll physically power it down for a few minutes and see what happens whilst I'm watching it when I power up.

Given the reports that even a new Q can't be installed I'm not going to reset it via the button as it does have some connection as it is responding to a restart, just not recovering like the other 2 did.

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

Update:

I'm at the house where the failed Q is and it's showing solid blue as it should but still 'getting status' and no through connection.

Next step, unplug .......

geoffwbaOC
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem and have raised a support ticket.  A couple of days ago they acknowledged there was an issue and it would be fixed. Today I've spent an hour on chat trying to resolve the connection problem but I am still no further forward after trying numerous resets.  The camera was working fine until the recent firmware update.  Unless there is an update tomorrow I will be on their case again.

Raj1978
Star
Star

good luck with your perseverance. given the gravity of the situation, i expect a hot fix to be deployed soon, may be next week? 

geoffwbaOC
Guide
Guide

I did mention the firmware issue to Arlo support yesterday but I am not sure how the firmware can be updated if I can't connect the camera to the internet in the first place.  One thing I am going to try today is to remove the admin password temporarily from my router and then re-try.  This solution did work for me when I tried setting up a wi-fi bird box camera a couple of months ago.    After setting up that camera and re-enabling the router password, all was OK.  

Raj1978
Star
Star
Thanks for the suggestion! I will try this too.
alemass
Guide
Guide

Cant wait for them.I've just bought a new camera,not arlo.

If the arlo camera will  work again I have 2 system instead of one.

No longer I will buy a camera from them.