First time poster here.
I've been using three Arlo Q Plus Security Cameras for the past 3 years without any major problems.
Today the cameras auto-updated to the latest firmware, 22.214.171.124_154_d1c2e38, and I can no longer connect to them.
I've hard-reset them at least 10 times and I've tried connecting via Wifi and Ethernet cable, I've removed the cameras from my account and tried to add them again, but I always get stuck on the "No device detected page", both on the iOS app and on the website.
I have not changed a single thing in my network configuration between yesterday and today.
I am also able to ping the cameras.
Arlo, please advice what I should do next?
Solved! Go to Solution.
- Related Labels:
Same here. Lost night vision, now can't add the device.
Interestingly it is showing as attached to my network, I just can't add it within Arlo. Tried both the mobile app and browser.
Same problem here.
2 ArloQ cameras restarted and updated/fixed firmware applied and night vision now OK but my third camera is now stuck on 'getting status' and will not connect on the main screen.
How are Arlo going to fix this remotely ?
I've restarted the camera numerous times so it has some form of connection. I'm reluctant to 'remove' and try to reinstall based on the above failures.
"If i am unable to connect them to the internet... how can i ever downgrade the firmware... "
In fact despite the app being unable to add new Q/Q+, they do connect fine. You can see that in your router "connected devices". Best proof, before knowing about this whole mess I took out a brand new Q+ that was sitting around. It proceeded with FW upgrade (ligt blinking blue/amber) before being unable to be added to the app.
This problem occurred after the last update.
With a representative of Netgear,
I tried the 30 Sec hard reset.
Trying to syncronize IOS and even android application.
Try from the website
try changing the SSID network
Try with another router
Change network for an open network without password
Try to bypass the QR code by syncronizing via wps
The day before the update, no problem for 1 year, the day of the update no longer works ... weird
your device cannot be found. nothing to do, then ..
Odd how my 2 newer ArloQ recovered when they rolled out a fixed firmware to the night vision bug but my slightly older Q just refused to reconnect so no firmware rollback but will restart remotely but remains 'connecting' in one area and 'getting status' on another.
Just have to wait
I have tried searching for the cameras from the PC, from the app on mobile, connecting it by ethernet, by wifi and unfortunately I have not advanced anything.
I can only confirm that the camera when turned on asks the router for an IP address, that the router assigns it one, that it can be pinged smoothly and that there is a correct response.
Throughout the rest of the camera search process from the app there is not a single packet addressed to or from that IP address.
I can't do much more
This is the exact same issue that I am experiencing. The camera receives an IP address via DHCP from the router, responds to pings, but other than that, remains non-responsive to the Arlo apps.
Same here. I've literally spent the whole day with every possible combination to get it working (I work in networking), and finally ended up here seeing it's not only me...
The device appears in the network as "arloq", I can ping it. But while looking for devices, I get:
- error 1120, reason: "Did not find any device Connected for ip x.x.x.x"
- error 2059, reason: "Device is offline."
I've made some progress but without too much success.
The camera, when it finishes booting and after viewing the image showing the WIFI network information, asks for an IP address to the router and immediately then starts sending requests, using the ARP protocol (uses its MAC address not the IP), to all LAN devices one by one starting with the address x.x.x.1 until x.x.x.255 telling them that it is an Arlo device , ifs own MAC address and IP address. This process, for the 255 addresses, takes about 3.5 min. A longer time than the app spends to finish the search.
The problem is that ..... the camera receives no response at all.
I used my Android app to view my cameras.
Both the newer cameras were showing an almost black image, it was evening, and the older Q just wasn't connecting.
I restarted all 3. The ones showing the black image then showed the firmware update message whilst the older one would still not connect. So the second firmware update was a fix to the night vision/black image bug that was introduced a few hours earlier.
What I don't know is what stage the older Q is. Did the first update fail at some point and cannot recover. When I get to the house with that Q later, I'll physically power it down for a few minutes and see what happens whilst I'm watching it when I power up.
Given the reports that even a new Q can't be installed I'm not going to reset it via the button as it does have some connection as it is responding to a restart, just not recovering like the other 2 did.
I have the same problem and have raised a support ticket. A couple of days ago they acknowledged there was an issue and it would be fixed. Today I've spent an hour on chat trying to resolve the connection problem but I am still no further forward after trying numerous resets. The camera was working fine until the recent firmware update. Unless there is an update tomorrow I will be on their case again.
I did mention the firmware issue to Arlo support yesterday but I am not sure how the firmware can be updated if I can't connect the camera to the internet in the first place. One thing I am going to try today is to remove the admin password temporarily from my router and then re-try. This solution did work for me when I tried setting up a wi-fi bird box camera a couple of months ago. After setting up that camera and re-enabling the router password, all was OK.