Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice

JUST A FYI...

Ive spoken to customer support. They are aware of the issue and have been for about the last hour.

Next level support is working on it and should have a fix soon.

85 REPLIES 85
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That could have something to do with your ISP.  Check your upload and download speeds using speedtest.net and post the results.  Does this seem the same if you use another WiFi network?

Rodfinch
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am in the northeast and haven't been able to get in again for 2 days
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried to fix this? Use both a browser and the app.  Power cycle the base.

Rodfinch
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've used app and web interface. Explorer and Chrome. Power cycled the base several times. Power cycled router. Reinstalled app and Power cycled phone. Still the same
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a cse with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rodfinch,

What is preventing you from logging in. Are you seeing an error message?

JamesC

Rodfinch
Aspirant
Aspirant
User name or password invalid error. But it's not. Nothing changed. Tells me base is offline, but it is fine
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rodfinch,

Consider using the "Forgot Password" link on the login screen and change your password. Are you now able to log in?

JamesC

XPat
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had my cameras for 2 years and I am full of praise for the hardware.
The software is now not allowing my phone which has always worked fine up till recently to connect because of a constant Getting Status message . Moto G3 Android 6.0.1
The only way to gain control of the cameras is to turn off the base station and restart .
Evan this is only temporary. Leaving the app and returning finds the same problem.
This is annoying as you leave your home and when returning it means entering the home with the cameras active so that the base station can be reset again .

A lot of people seem to be posting similar messages at the moment. At this stage with no resolution to the issue from Netgear it would seem that they think it is OK for some of their products to not work.
Is there any way to get Netgear to listen to its customers.
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

I think alot of this problem is something to do with the app, I get it all the time, yet when I log out from the app then log back in i get connected straight away.

Also via a PC browser I have no problems with my system!

XPat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi surfer1000,
I used your idea about logging out and then in again .
It does get me connected so thank you.
It is a shame that people have to try to find a way around Arlo issues without their help. Awaiting the next update with dread.