Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection lag: Arlo Pro connected to Arlo standard (non-pro) base station

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
maduranga
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I know that Arlo Pro is backwards compatible with Arlo standard (original) base station with the exception of local storage and siren.

But I'm getting the Pro specifically for the PIR motion detection and the event trigger lag.

Would appreciate if anybody can comment weather when used with a standard base station, Arlo Pro can give the benefits of reduced trigger time and the PIR motion detection.

Cheers.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Been runnning the PRO on the older base for over 6 months now... I do not see any difference in how the camera acted on either base ( have used both).

The Pro camera has a better response simply becaused of the dual PIR and the small record buffer.

( the Pro works a bit diif than the Arlo, in that the Pro records from the trigger event to it's buffer, then sends a command to base and back.... while the Arlo needs to send a command to the base and back before  recording starts )(( if I understand how it works properly ))

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------