Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
RMScholbe
Tutor
Tutor

When I view my cameras thru my Android, they are all working just fine.

When I look at the cameras thru my PC at my.arlo, they all show as offline, as does my Base Station.

I have rebooted my router and the Arlo Base Station. No difference.

I have turned off my firewall: No difference.

I am not using a VPN.

If I arm the system using the Arlo App, the cameras record video and I can see the recordings on my PC.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

120 REPLIES 120
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is anyone still experiencing this issue?

_JR_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I am still experiencing this issue. I have restarted my computer and the Arlo base station, reinstalled the web browsers, cleared their respective cache to no avail. 

RMScholbe
Tutor
Tutor
I just checked and my web portal is no longer working. Please fix it again.
KK_Pat1410
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having similiar issue, the firware,signal everything has been updated, saved and signal strength checked mulitiple time. I can not contact Arlo since no Live chat  access as it is for subscriber. I think Arlo does this kind of think by purpose so you do not have any option but to subscribe their paid services. 

Buying Arlo is my biggest mistake, I could spend $200 more and could have hard wired perfect CCTV system.

Dannybear
Master
Master

If you’re using the arlo web portal in browser then open a incognito/private window mode to see if the cameras will show online. Compare using the mobile app version.

Needhelpplz
Luminary
Luminary

I have six ARLO VMC3030 cameras.  In the past two days, whenever the System times out (and I must log back in) or when I initiate the Logoff...upon subsequent Login, two of the six ARLO cameras are disabled , and the message on the Device Screen reads "Device is currently disabled and will not respond to mode changes. Go to Settings to turn device on." I must then go to Settings and toggle each device back on.

It is always the same two cameras. Both cameras were toggled ON before the logoffs and device shutoffs.

I have tried different browsers and different connections to the Internet (one WIFI, one hard wire).

I have restarted and restarted the Base Station...I have logged off and back on...I have toggled and toggled and toggled. 

But when the System times out or I log off...and attempt to log back in...these two devices go from their ON toggle to the OFF toggle...everytime!

Why is this happening and how do you fix it?

Needhelpplz

Dannybear
Master
Master

What user interface are you using to view arlo, web portal or mobile app?

Needhelpplz
Luminary
Luminary

I have tried each of the following: Avast, Microsoft Edge, Chrome.

I view ARLO on my HP Laptop, with Windows 10, as I have for many years.

I have screenprints of the sequence from Logon to Logoff showing exactly what happens.

Will send to a secured link via the email address on file.

Thanks,

Needhelpplz

Dannybear
Master
Master

I believe the issue is related to the arlo web portal in browser. I have tagged the arlo moderators, @JamesC and @ShayneS for their reference.

if you have access to arlo using the mobile app version it should be working correctly.

Needhelpplz
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks... I will await their responses.  I do not have a Smartphone to take advantage of the mobile app.

Take Care,

Needhelpplz

xraytod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have 4 Arlo Pro & 2 Arlo Q. On Iphone all are visible & can be switched On & Off etc. On Pc (W10) only the Arlo Q show. The other say "offline". Why ?

crazyglue1
Initiate
Initiate

I think I have Pro 2, but if not it is Pro. I have 4 cameras. Suddenly, in the last week, after many years of working perfectly, 3 of my 4 cameras become disabled whenever I leave the app to do something else on my phone. When I return to the app, they are disabled for about two seconds, then become enabled. However, unless I happen to have the app open and in my hand, it will not record any motion and add video to the library. While the app is open, I can make videos and they will go to library (labeled as manual). But no motion detected videos show up in library. I have reviewed the settings the one that does still records the videos into the library and does not disable itself when leaving the app, has all the exact same settings as the three that are no longer functioning correctly. 

Any help or idea what is going on would be wonderful. Thanks

Dannybear
Master
Master

I think that the arlo web portal is broken, suggest keep with using the mobile app.

no idea on a fix yet.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There was a new web version released on 8/22...

I had a couple of issues with it using Fire Fox.  Try and clear the cache on the browser your using.

( usu found under settings/privacy )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jim_In_Scotland
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having a similar issue.

Just added a third cam and can see it operating ok when viewing via the PC browser portal but, the Android phone *app* doesn't recognise it in the cam list.  It still shows alerts from the camera in the library but doesn't appear in the devices list.

Problem arose when I switched it off using the app during a charging session and then I couldn't get it to come back on using the app.  Removed the device from the app and couldn't then re-establish it via the app but managed to add it again via the PC browser portal.

Would be handy to know if there's a fix for the app (which is up to date).

xraytod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Am using FFox and have cleared cache but no change. Just tried Edge and it's exactly the same. The 2 Q cameras show Ok but the other Pro ones using their own router don't. Still all Ok on IOS.

Dannybear
Master
Master

The web portal in three different browsers are still broken for me, clearing data and cookies have no effect.

different time zone probably.

they did fix the manual recording buttons finally.

Dannybear
Master
Master

What ever the problem is with the arlo web portal is it seems to be migrating to the arlo mobile android app.

it would be in your interest to contact arlo support and open a fault case. The more cases reported the higher the escalation goes.

xraytod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok. Thanks. It's probably all designed to get us using the pay monthly account 😉

Certainly not been the same since Netgear sold off Arlo - imho.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear while it's obvious that some have issues with the web client, certainly not all do or there would be a lot more posts here about it. Everything continues to work as expected here and has for a long time. Since only a relative few have issues, it may point to local problems (security settings, router configuration, specific ISP, etc.). Without being there it's impossible to know for sure. I know you've experienced the issue for quite some time and have tried a lot of "fixes" that didn't work but I have no problem with either the web client nor app in any way that supports your claim.

Not saying you're wrong or anything like that...

Jim_In_Scotland
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not so much a "claim" @jguerdat, more an observation 😉

The updating of the battery state, for instance, differs between the app and the portal when I initially connect any cam for charging. I get the blue light on at full charge and the app still shows, say, 78% even with the cam only a few feet from either the phone or the router.

There is, IMHO, an issue with refresh rates, for changes in state, that can be a couple of hours.

Only had the three cams for a week now and still learning how to safely navigate the app so that I don't end up with it frozen for one cam after using settings to switch it off and then being unable to use the app to switch it back on.

Not totally unhappy, just a bit concerned if we need to do remote monitoring when off site for any length of time.

JRomer79
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is not working for me, at least partially.

With the Ultra 2 Base and 2 cameras, one is always available and one always shows off. With the iOS App both are always available. I have other older cameras and they are always available.

Dannybear
Master
Master

@jguerdat ,

• @Dannybear while it's obvious that some have issues with the web client, certainly not all do or there would be a lot more posts here about it.

Yes, I believe that there have been sufficient reports over the last few months identifying a problem with the web portal. Not everyone experiencing the issue is either aware that it exists or is inclined to report it. I would speculate about 10% of those impacted are reporting here.

• Everything continues to work as expected here and has for a long time.

It is good to hear that the issue we experience is not global. Maybe I should be using a different time zone or get a VPN going to your location and it might work going forward.

• Since only a relative few have issues, it may point to local problems (security settings, router configuration, specific ISP, etc.).

This is true regards other causes and will heed the advice to not jump to conclusions and thus change the threads narrative.

• I know you've experienced the issue for quite some time and have tried a lot of "fixes" that didn't work but I have no problem with either the web client nor app in any way that supports your claim.

The workarounds were working until arlo changed the web portal version on about the 22 August, now those workarounds are no longer functioning.

At least using the workarounds before the change you could have reliability when using portal but now it’s a mixed bag.

Regards the android app now reported with similar behaviour this might point to something more fundamentally wrong with arlo backend systems.

• Not saying you're wrong or anything like that...

Thanks, I wish I could say I’m never wrong, but for that I should just shut up and leave it to the superusers to sort it out for arlo.

I’ll shut up now. 🙂

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I've seen many posts over the past couple weeks complaining about battery status not matching, and also several reporting cameras off-line in one, and on-line in the other.  Generally the web seemed to be wrong, but it wasn't clear to me that was always the case.  Many of the posters said incognito mode solved the problem, but some recent posters said it did not.

I am hoping that development is looking into this. I think suggesting that people report the issue to Arlo Support is reasonable, as that will help them understand how frequently it happens, and perhaps provide a pool of users who can provide logs, etc.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:
  • Not saying you're wrong or anything like that...

Thanks, I wish I could say I’m never wrong, but for that I should just shut up and leave it to the superusers to sort it out for arlo.

I’ll shut up now. 🙂

No, you don't! You've been a great asset/addition here and I certainly appreciate your help. You have the right to bitch and complain, perhaps moreso than a lot of other folks. ANyways, keep 'em coming and feel free to take potshots at me...  😄