Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000r3 Base Station and Cameras Showing Offline Using Edge or Chrome Browsers

Discussion stats
RMScholbe
Tutor
Tutor

When I view my cameras thru my Android, they are all working just fine.

When I look at the cameras thru my PC at my.arlo, they all show as offline, as does my Base Station.

I have rebooted my router and the Arlo Base Station. No difference.

I have turned off my firewall: No difference.

I am not using a VPN.

If I arm the system using the Arlo App, the cameras record video and I can see the recordings on my PC.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

120 REPLIES 120
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue is still being investigated. I will provide another update as soon as possible. 

Ron66
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 3 arlo pro3 cameras. Two work properly but one doesn’t. It says charge battery but it’s brand new and charged fully. It says it appears to be offline too, but the other two are working. We’ve tried everything we know to do. HELP

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ron66 wrote:

We have 3 arlo pro3 cameras. Two work properly but one doesn’t. It says charge battery but it’s brand new and charged fully. It says it appears to be offline too, but the other two are working. 

Are you seeing this in the app, the browser, or both?

Ron66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Browser

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ron66 wrote:

Browser

That's an arlo bug, and all you can do is rely on the app instead and wait for them to fix it.  Unfortunately it's been broken for a while now.

I'm tagging the mods, in hopes they can provide an update - @JamesC and @ShayneS 

F2S
Guide
Guide

Last report is a fix is coming out soon...still waiting...

PaulaMarie
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears to be fixed?  All is working for me this morning.

_JR_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I checked the Web portal just now and still get the same error message saying that my "Arlo Devices appear Offline". 

It looks like it got worse, it used to connect for a few minutes then disconnect. We are using the Mobile App as a workaround but this problem has been going on for a while now.

Thanks,

-JR

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@_JR_

Does this occur on any other browsers? Have you tried clearing your cache again. 

_JR_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Shayne,

Yes, I've tried using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Opera Web browser and all show the same issue. Cleared cache twice across the board and still no signs of improvement. 

I also just tried using 3 different machines running Windows 10, Windows 11 and macOS Catalina and the cameras still show offline.

-JR

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@_JR_

Thank you for the info, I will let the dev team know and update the thread as soon as I hear back. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@_JR_

Received, thank you 

KHiltibrand
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes

_JR_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Shayne,

It's been a few months since the last update on this thread. Is this still being worked on?

I've tried accessing the My Arlo webpage again across a mix of different computers running Windows, macOS and Linux alongside different web browser options like Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari. The issue is still present across the board.

Thanks,

-JR

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this issue still occurring?

Thanks

PaulaMarie
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, all seems OK now.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@PaulaMarie Thanks

Wmpd1208
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I have also tried the different browsers. Works on my phone with no issues just shows off line on my and other PC. I have cleared cache and everything I can think of still shows off line ONLY on pc

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Wmpd1208 

Have you tried rebooting the devices and disabling and re-enabling the cameras via the in app settings under Devices > Device On toggle?