Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Troubleshooting

Discussion stats
jandmmichels
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • My Arlo has been offline for a couple of hours. I have internet and the cameras were working fine before that.
95 REPLIES 95
Bob1972
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo also stopped working.  No luck trying all the different things.  Now all my Arlo are offline and worthless.

RBMc
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo VMB3500r4 also went offline. It will capture any movement the cameras pickup but won’t allow me to capture Live Feed.  Reset everything- nothing works. Is this base model be obsoleted?

Cath1268
Star
Star

Hi, same here. Everything was working fine until an hour and half ago, then live streaming went down and my base appears offline in the app. It IS online, both internet router and Arlo base have been rebooted, app uninstalled and reinstalled, it's not a problem on my side.

it went down on my iPhone first (Arlo secure 4.2.5). I checked my iPad (Arlo secure 4.0.3), it worked fine then went crashing after 5 minutes...

Clearly it's a pb on Arlo's end.

Checking status.arlo.com tells us nothing, since the live-streaming status hasn't been updated since December 17th...

it's night now in France, and I won't sleep peacefully knowing my security system is off 😞

Can someone push this issue up to engineering fast please??

Seattle206206
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem. All cameras say offline, says the base is also offline. I've unplugged, restarted, done everything including pushing in that little red restart button twice. Nothing. Now it looks like a 3+ hour wait to chat with a person online. What a joke of a company. 

Bob1972
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did get thru to the chat help.  Spent 2 hours, but no luck.  Tried everything.  Still does not work.  Sounds like a lot of people are offline.

Ppadron8878
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issues! Help! I use these for my business and need my cameras up! 😩

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

It seems after the mobile update my video streams in my Arlo dashboard have all gone offline. The cameras are still working and recording properly as seen in the library. I've tried rebooting my base station and my router which doesn't fix the problem. 

Any ideas?

jhanshew
Initiate
Initiate

I am having this same issue, started today. I am the primary account holder and my wife is the “invited” user. All devices (base station and 4 cameras) all show offline for me. All are online and working fine on her phone. I am on an iPhone 12 Pro and her a iPhone 13 Pro. We are very savvy users, have had these for years now, and I’ve tried everything. Convinced something is going with with the app or service. 

Additional info: I have logged out, uninstalled the app, re-installed and logged in. Didn’t fix. I’ve removed the base station and devices then re-added the base station. As soon as the base station successfully adds, it then shows “offline” with no fix. Again, works fun in my wife’s phone (iPhone 13 Pro). One other note is that my cameras all show up in my Google Home app so I know they are connected to the internet.

Aaarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue today. VMB3500 continues to be off-line despite multiple resets, good Internet connection. Seems worthless at this moment. Gets stuck in firmware update screen on the app and then undetectable. 

cristal08
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo pro2 Base station vmb4000 displaying offline msg, but lights are green but not the cámara help please 

Worp
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • Toronto Ontario Canada I’m down also doorbell works but smarthub down since 5 pm
Jcoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. Just finished a live chat with an Arlo agent. Apparently they are aware and working on the issue. He told me to give it approximately 4 hours before it is resolved 

vphan1004
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this same issue. I removed it, reset it and was able to add it but it fails firmware update. I can try later but base station still offline and I can not add my cameras back. Need help on this ASAP.

Sleezer1533
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK well I feel a little better knowing it's not just me.

Same scenario on my end ... I'm the primary and my wife is the invited user ... only difference being I'm android and wife is iPhone.

Guess I'll sleep on it and see if things are back to normal in the morning

Glenda123
Tutor
Tutor
  • Thanks for the update. You think Arlo would post something letting people know there's an issue. But no
Ericny
Initiate
Initiate

I’m Having the same issue after the App update today 

UPSMAN06412
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. All 3 lights on my base station are lit green, indicating the power is on, the internet is connected and the cameras are connected to base station but the base station and cameras show offline. I went to chat with Arlo support and the below automated message came up. It appears that Arlo is having an issue, not the individual users.

Screenshot_20230321-203300.png

Maverick1840
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station and camers appear to be working fine. When cameras are armed still get notices via email they are recording. When I open app to live-stream cameras app reports cameras are off-line.  Anyone have a solution?

Sparksman1978
Initiate
Initiate

I have the exact same issue, primary account and nothing, wife has access and can see everything. Looks like it must be some bug. Hopefully they release an update soon to fix this. Seems like alot of people today and been posting about it. Glad I am not alone.

Thsii50
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m getting the exact same thing. Did all the trouble shooting stuff. Figure it may need an update……I’ll give it a day and see what happens. 

bobbyray166
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey, I'm having trouble with my base station on my Arlo pro two. The center light is green but it is saying that it is off-line. Everything else in the house is working fine Internet wise. Just need a little guidance.

Ri_Vi
Aspirant
Aspirant

"Currently investigating an issue that might be causing some base station devices to report as offline..."  No other devices in my household are having any difficulty connecting to the internet.

I signed up for a subscription to be able to continue to use my cameras, not the opposite.  I've never experienced a delay this long not being able to access my cameras.  Did anyone else experience this *after* signing up for the subscription?  If so, how did you remedy??

This is awful.  Service was actually significantly *better* when it was FREE (How?!?).  Please HELP.

Mark_Emanuele
Tutor
Tutor

I've got the same problem and it just happened today (March 21st)  All lights on my Arlo VMB4000 base station are green.  Have power cycled the base station twice, now it would even record video that I can see only if I'm logged into my account.  Can't see live video feed either.

Looks like ARLO may have done something to these older base stations.  

Good luck folks, hope someone is able to contact ARLO and post a fix for this problem

Carajana
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo app shows that my Arlo device appears offline

Jcapache41
Apprentice
Apprentice

The last few hours it says all 3 of my cameras are offline but there are not. Wi-Fi works fine. Base station for the Arlo cameras has all 3 green lights. All 3 cameras work when I click on them so why do they appear offline and my feed just loads . Never had these problems before the update.