Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Continuing and increasing frequency Arlo cams not detecting movement or recording

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jandmmichels
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am STILL having issues with cams not detecting or recording motion regardless of setting. They're set to 100%, app uninstalled and reinstalled, base and cams sync'd, and wifi signal is steady and good. The problem seems to be with Arlo and it's servers.

I was going to upgrade system and buy the cloud service but if I can't get this problem which is continuing and increasing in frequency solved, I'll have to go with another company. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jandmmichels wrote:

I am STILL having issues with cams not detecting or recording motion regardless of setting. They're set to 100%, app uninstalled and reinstalled, base and cams sync'd, and wifi signal is steady and good. The problem seems to be with Arlo and it's servers.

Do you have a VMB4xxx base?  If you do, you can add local USB storage - preferrably a thumb drive (16 GB or larger).  That would let you rule out the Arlo cloud.  Note you'd need to remove the USB drive and connect it to a PC to check for recordings.

You might also want to try the motion detection test, and see if it reliably detects your movement.