Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jandmmichels
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • My Arlo has been offline for a couple of hours. I have internet and the cameras were working fine before that.
95 REPLIES 95
Jcapache41
Apprentice
Apprentice

7E143950-5A5C-4EF9-83BD-25FDD600D807.jpeg

Jcapache41
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m having the same dam problem 

Just1Guy
Aspirant
Aspirant

My #Arlo Pro 2 system suddenly today wasn’t showing any device images (swirling star with ‘device appears offline’ message) with the system disarmed.
I armed the system and immediately was alerted to a new video in the library.

So, the system is working, but the app is not showing me the cameras.  
the app is current and was working properly just a few hours ago.  Using iOS with the app. 
Anyone have insights or suggestions?

Mark_Emanuele
Tutor
Tutor

FYI, there is a major strike going on all over France, and especially in Paris.  Could be related to that somehow.

Cath1268
Star
Star

No, it's not. It has absolutely nothing to do with the events in France.

Mark_Emanuele
Tutor
Tutor

Cathy, There is a major labor strike happening in France, and especially in Paris.  If tech support in located in Paris or nearby, it may be a while before any ARLO technical help happens.

Good Luck.

Mark E.

Jmyers66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently, all four of my cameras quit working. I checked my app and my base station is reported “offline”. I reset the base station. Same result. I removed the device from the app, reinstalled. Same result. I did a factory reset. Same result. During each reinstall it recognizes the device successfully. It will not update firmware. However, up until I go to click the button to add my cameras it is a successful setup…then reports “your base station is offline”. Both the power and internet lights are solid green on the base station. My Xfinity gateway shows the device is successfully connected to the internet as well. I have never had problems with this setup. What gives? 

Cath1268
Star
Star

I am in Paris, and I'm telling you, it's not related. There  are a bunch of riots all other France, but the strikes are very focused on specific services, and are largely amplified in outbroad media... Paris is not burning, only a few garbage containers 

terrafirma2hip
Initiate
Initiate

ANY SOLUTIONS??!!!

I have the same issue!

ALSO THIS IS AFTER UPDATING THE APP!!

PVtoFW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have this problem. No amount of resets helps. Moving the station to connect direct to the router helps either. My router admin "sees" the base station so I know it's connected.

TMF
Initiate
Initiate

Miraculously it started working live stream when I checked a few minutes ago!

Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Live view back.  Icons back.

Didn't do anything but issue now SOLVED.

Just1Guy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having exactly the same problem.  This appears to be an issue with the app.  My app said cameras off line, with system disabled.  I armed the system and immediately had alarm video of myself in the moment show up in my library.  

Just1Guy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have exactly the same issue.  System was disarmed, when armed, immediately got an active video show up in the library, all the while the stars are spinning and devices ‘appear to be off line’.  
ironically, my other system (I have 2 houses) had a similar issue last week, but it’s worse, the base would not connect to the internet.  I took that base to house #2 and it connected just fine.  Appears to be an Xfinity issue…. 
When it rains, it pours…. ☹️

Cath1268
Star
Star

I confirm, everything is back online!

That WAS an arlo's side issue.

let's hope it was a one time event. And that they will start to update their status web page in real time, not every other month...

Mark_Emanuele
Tutor
Tutor

My ARLO base station and all cameras are working again.  All good!

Luga
Aspirant
Aspirant

Continues to be offline after several hours..if this is something that ARLO is having issues with, it should’ve been communicated properly…i’ve done everything possible.

what a shame

George_007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also experiencing the same problem.  I have troubleshot my base station so many times with no luck.  I wonder if Arlo is having technical difficulties at this time.

Ajdnh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems to have resolved on its own this morning. Hopefully yours did too. 

Sleezer1533
Aspirant
Aspirant

Woke up this morning. Everything working fine now. Hopefully everything is working again for you guys too.

Just1Guy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ditto here.  
Clearly this was a problem with Arlo’s systems. 
Glad they fixed it, happy that nothing happened while it was compromised and somewhat concerned that the “outage” has not resulted in any form of acknowledgement.   Corporate denial seems to be the new business standard.

jhanshew
Initiate
Initiate

Was able to get the base station to respond and re—add after multiple tries this morning. However, now I have set my system up from scratch, due to following you recommended guides for fixing a non-responsive base station, last night. It would be nice to get an explanation as to how it’s possible for Arlo to remotely brick customers’ systems. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been several threads on this. Are things working today? The other threads report all is fine now.

assana
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base shows "offline", and can't connect to cameras, but cameras are happily recording and saving clips to th library. Not a new problem. This problem comes and goes every few months. Also "fixes" the issue... not really... and it is back again. Arlo, please fix the problem! We are tired of it. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There appears to have been an issue with access to the servers yesterday that should now be resolved. Is it?