Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have done a search but unable to find my answer. Is there anyway to use one camera motion detection to fire up all cameras? I have done a new mode and I can get it to work but it only lets you use 2 cameras (1 trigger camera plus another to record) I want to use 1 trigger record camera and 2 others to record at the same time. I did 5 new modes but it only lets you select 1 mode at a time. Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I figured it out, I had to do the changes on my pc as the mobile app wouldnt let me do it, Thanks again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes...by making a custom mode as you did...BUT the trick is after making that first custom Mode, go BACK AND EDIT it to add the second camera ( or third )...

You can easily do

Cam A sense, Cam A record

Cam A sence, Cam B record

A > C

A > D

If you want fancy tyou can also "nest" them allowing both ways.

A>A

A>B

A>C

B>B

B>A

B>C

C>C

C>A

C>B

etc

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks for your responce but when I go back to edit I am unable to add a second camera as it takes the first one out.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I figured it out, I had to do the changes on my pc as the mobile app wouldnt let me do it, Thanks again.

Daws
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

How do i actually go about doing this?

I can't seem to find any addtional settings in my account to set it up?

Thanks,

Phil

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQs here for how to create and edit modes.  Basically, use the Mode tab, select your base and check out the default Armed mode for how things work.  Then create your own mode(s) with the rules you need for the cameras you want active.  Any camera without a rule is disarmed.